Chapter 24: A Shallow Alliance

*eats sopas(soup)* I'm sorry, I had a running nose and killer headache for the last two days. It isn't COVID-19, don't worry. I finished this for you, darlings. I'm sorry for the late update :(

Not beta-ed, I die like real men.
___

[Asagiri Gen's depterification... Happened 10 days before he met Senku and the others...]

Pouring the revival fluid on the mentalist's head, Tsukasa watched as it effectively broke the petrification.

"...............!!? What is this? A hidden camera prank? My manager didn't stop this? I'm a mentalist, damnit. I mean, I'll take work for publicity and all, but..." Asagiri Gen observed, looking around wildly and seeing a nature scenery instead of the room he remembered he was in.

"It is currently the year 5739 A.D. But you are still as you were at age 19." A deep voice spoke from behind him. Alerted by the voice, Gen turned around to face the owner and seeing a familiar face.

"If I recall... You were with me on the psychological magic TV special... The strongest primate high schooler... Shishiou Tsukasa...!" To think that he would be revived by this fighter, how could he have known the date and the cure or whatever that was?

"All this here, including you... Are statues I have gathered of humans... Humans that should be revived first." Tsukasa explained, shadows casted over his face as he spoke.

Gen saw what he was talking about when he looked past Tsukasa. There are hundreds of statues of strong-looking men that haven't been revived, yet. Gen felt a faint chill ran down his spine, what is he planning with all these statues.

"Gen. With your skills as a mentalist..." He was broke out of his thoughts when Tsukasa called out his name, "There's a job that I wish to request of you. I want you to track three individuals, two of them are travelling together. And read into this psychology. If by some chance... The man named Senku is still alive... I want you to find him. The man I killed with my own hands. The sharpest, most intelligent man in the world. And the two women named Ana and Lalaine, Ana was his assistant. It would be dangerous to just leave her be, especially when she's not alone. She and her friend might come up with something."

Gen kept silent for a while, giving a calculating gaze to Tsukasa.

___

{Still night time}

{The Kingdom of Science}

After telling a bit of some background story to their new friends, Suika immediately freaked out.

"So then this Tsukasa person is a bad guy...? And Gen is one of his friends? Then that means Gen's a bad guy too, right?!"Suika reckoned but then, "But hang on... Gen saved everyone from Magma, didn't he? Then he is a good guy?" Suika was puzzled, not old enough yet to grasp the whole situation.

Lalaine thought Suika's thoughts were so cute~

Ana thought it was pathetic, Suika's thought about the situation and not Suika herself. Pathetic, because it's not just that simple and all. Asagiri was a complicated person, being a mentalist wouldn't help either. Ana doesn't like it when she's being brutally honest. Good thing she only thought of that in her mind and did not said it out loud.

"Kukuku... He's not a good guy, or a bad guy." Senku said, leaning back from his sitting position.

"He is a superficial opportunist, through and through." Lalaine tried to explain as she closed her eyes and crossed her arms.

"Agathokakological, right? It was one of Athena's password for her phone." Ana recalled, cocking her head at Lalaine from where she was sitting next to the vegetable nerd.