Chapter 29: Brain & Heart

Not beta read, we die like Rex Lapis. I will edit later if I see any mistakes. Sorry for short chapter!

Enjoy~
___

IT'S TIME FOR REVENGE!!

The day started off with Ginrou complaining and shouting about how his Silver spear has turned black, blaming the 'Fairy of The Spring'

"I'M NEVER GOING BACK THERE AGAIN!!!" Ginrou wailed, hugging one of the posts around as Chrome tried to pull him away to join them on their journey. "NOOOOOOOO!!!!"

"Whatever, you can just stay behind. You'll only hold us back at this rate." Senku scoffed, "But let me make one thing clear. This is no curse, this is Science."

"Besides, look at this, Ginrou!" Ana called out as she picked up Ginrou's silver spear, knowing full well that Senku does not like it when someone associates Science to a curse "Just apply some Alkali to the black charcoal left by Hydrogen Sulfide, it should return to normal.  For example, by rubbing these ashes on it here..."  Ana proceeded to do what she said, bringing the silver color back again to life. "Boom! Our poison gas sensor is back!"

"If this thing goes black, it'll all come down to our gas masks." Senku mummbled, "Thanks for that, I was about to do it myself."

"You can always trust your assistant." Ana boasted, proudly pointing to herself then putting on her own gas mask.

"Let's go and get that Sulfuric Acid!" Chrome announced.

After a few farewells, the Science trio started their journey once again to the Emerald Spring. Chrome volunteered to be the one to be their sensor this time, the three of them carrying bags with containers to put the Sulfuric Acid they will be collecting. When they reached a certain point, the tip of the Silver spear turned black, before the rest of it followed soon after. Chrome froze in his tracks.

What stands in their way is the Green Devil...

Chrome remembered Senku and Ana's words, about the story they told just yesterday. He couldn't move, not even take a single step forward. He doesn't even know if he was breathing.

'Here we are at the real fight against this barrier of Chemistry. Will our gas mask survive the showdown?!' He could almost imagine the looming figure of a deadly fairy and he was just within her reach, able to take a hold of his life and just take it away. 'One breath and it's over in this poisonous gas area of death!!!'

His dreadful thoughts were interrupted as Senku lightly jogged past him and Ana just behind him, humming a cheerful tune loud enough for all three of them to hear.

"YOU TWO ARE FRICKIN' CRAAAAAAZY!!" Chrome immediately covered his mouth as he almost lose his composure, "Seriously?! You guys are just rushing on in...?!" Chrome faltered.

"If you worry, you'll just start breathing harder, and if that happens the gas won't be able to keep up with neutralizing the poison gas." Senku drawled and chuckled as he looked back at the other male, "It comes down to stupidly simple matter. If you get scared, you'll die. Now if you understand, then let's get going."

"Basically, just don't overthink and do the only things we need to do here, Chrome." Ana helpfully advised, "I mean... Just... Keep your... breathing as much even as you can..." It was almost uncharacteristic how the girl almost stammered with her words.