Chapter 11: Weapon of Science

Edited: Nov 30 2023

___

No word could properly describe how Ana felt right now as she held the unresponsive body of her friend.

At her display, Tsukasa's earlier words echoed in his mind.

"Either you or Ana might just have been my very first friends."

That silly fantasy quickly crumbled into dust. No use on thinking about the past. What has been done could not be easily changed.

Tsukasa turned away from the group. That small part of him did not want to see his former friend being this vulnerable. He lost the privilege to even be a witness to her display.

Ana's mind was all over the place, not completely being able to process what transpired moments ago.

'He can't be dead!'

"Senku... Say something...!"

Taiju stood beside her, crying along with the others. Yuzuriha was trying to hide her tears. 

He could no longer contain his emotions, through choking sobs, he managed to scream.

"SENKU!!" Taiju cried out, "Please... PLEASE SAY SOMETHING! THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING! NO!"

'He's in denial, he's denying the fact that Senku is dead.' Athena thought after hearing what Taiju was saying.

She may have not a lot of memories about the dual-haired male, but he just got killed. The one who resurrected all of them just got killed, in front of them. Despite knowing of him for years now, she and Lalaine never really bonded close to him the same way Ana was able to click with him together in just their first meeting.

"Senku, you... In a place like this..." Taiju did not relent, "There's no way you can die! NO WAY!!"

Tsukasa's eyes were shadowed as he spoke.

"He didn't suffer." Tsukasa's eyes were shadowed as he spoke, "I'll at least let you, as his friends, bury him." He realized too late that what he just said was the wrong move.

Ana's body tensed up, turning her head to Tsukasa's direction.

"You killed him."

It was not a question, but a statement. Ana knew he would be the only one capable of doing this.

Taiju silenced his screaming, a shadow on his face.

Tsukasa, sensing the sudden shift of Ana and Taiju's aura, abruptly turned to face them, alarmed.

He tried to think of something.

'With Yuzuriha as a hostage, Taiju can't lay a single hand on me. That's how the power balance was meant to be.'  Tsukasa clenched his fist, 'But, Taiju! If you let yourself be overcome by Senku's death, if you forget everything and come raging at me, I'll have to kill you too. Please, get a grip!'