Chapter 16: A Bad Face

Edited: Dec 14 2023

___

Kohaku stood up, fixing her hair, "My name is Kohaku."

Kohaku had her hair tie between her lips, gathering her hair into a high ponytail and looking at Ana.

"And I think I may have tooootally fallen for you." Kohaku announced coyly.

Senku was very disturbed and bothered at what she just stated. Ana only blinked a couple more times.

"Uuughh. Those words are so bothersome enough to make me wanna die." Senku groaned as he gave her a deadpanned look,  "And seriously, suddenly falling in love with someone in an emergency like this?!" He turned to his companion, "Isn't that right, Ana?"

Kohaku gasped like Senku was being scandalous.

"THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT AT ALL!!! What I was trying to say was that I like people like her and want to work together!" She took one look at Ana's blushing face, "But she got personality so far, I'll give her that."

Ana snapped out of her void, "Oh? So you didn't mean it like... That?" In which she received a nod from Kohaku, "Ah, I see. I'll go out for a while then. I'll be back before night time."

Senku was about to stop her, but Ana was already a few meters away.

"When did she-? There's only a few minutes left before the sun is completely set."

He sighed, not following her to give her some time alone.

"Are you not going to follow her?" Kohaku questioned.

"No." Senku replied, "We're going to set up camp and you're gonna help me. She'll be able to come back to me later."

"You mean, to us?" Kohaku smiled very brightly at Senku.

"No, me!" Senku only returned it with a bright smile of his own,  "Besides, she can defend herself. I wouldn't even be surprised if she comes back carrying a venomous snake and claiming it as her own." Senku chuckled silently at that, "As if she'll be able to find one in this place."

He was a bit weirded out by what he said at the end, but when he thought about it the chances of finding a venomous snake in this place was approximately one in 500,000. 

Unless Ana had Lady Luck on her side, she would never have a chance of finding an ordinary or venomous snake.

"So long as she come back before it's too dark." Kohaku huffed, turning away from her new acquaintance.

Senku was not done with Kohaku though.

"That too, I'm glad that is what you meant by that. Love on the mind is the root of the most illogical problems."

"What even is your relationship with her?" Kohaku asked without missing a beat.

Upon not receiving a reply longer than she expected, a smirk grew on her face.

"Ah... So it's like that." Kohaku crossed her arms, "It seems there is a chance for me then."

"Hah?! What chance?" Senku rolled his eyes at her, "And what do you mean by 'it's like that', huh?"

"Poor you, you're not even aware yourself, huh? I might as well just steal her soon." Kohaku's words had a teasing note on them.

"As if! Ana won't be going anywhere until our plans are finished."

"Well, you better act quicker then!"

"That is what we're doing! We'll let you know about our plan soon!"