Chapter 35: Doctor Stone

Sorry for the late update. Lots of things happened, and I am currently taking my final exams. Then, I said, fuck it, I ain't gonna submit all my school works. Here's to hoping I don't get beat up hard next week or so.

Update about that thing up there: Lolols, that was months ago, I already graduated. I'm drafting this during our Gen Math online class.

Update: What the hell, I'm a senior now. I also finished last school year as a honor student. My birthday will be next week, and the week after that we'll have our research title defense. Will I finally have more time after the title defense? Nope :> I'll have to continue studying for my entrance exams.
___

"What was that white powder?!"

'The WHAT now?!' Lalaine's face twisted at one of the villagers' comment.

"... It must be some kind of sorcery drug!"

"Is it really okay for Lady Ruri to be swallowing something like that?!"

Ana looked up to the person who said that, "You're doubting your own chief's actions?"

"No, ma'am!" The guy rapidly shook his head, remembering how that girl easily wiped the floor out of her enemies.

"Do you have any other ideas to cure my ex-wife?" Ana casually asked once again.

"NO, MA'AM!"

Ana stared at him with a patient expression.

"Starting from now on, every single one of you will learn to trust me. You will learn to respect me as your new leader. This is is one of the best time for you to do that."

"YES, CHIEF!"

Ana turned around to meet Senku's gaze, and Senku swore he could see mirth in those eyes. She was definitely enjoying this. This was something he already observed back in the modern world. She seemed to be used to having the role of a leader.

Not in the way that she was born to lead, no. In fact, it was in a way that she had to learn how to lead.

Perhaps he will give it more thought later. In fact, the mentalist had more chance to figure out her behavior than him. Right now, both of their priority was to cure Kohaku's sister.

"Now that we can finally examine you, it's time for a diagnosis!" Senku snapped his fingers, "Ana, go for it!"

"Yes, boss!"

Ruri yelped as she felt something pressed against her back.

"Say 'eeee' for me, ex-wifey." Ana said with a light tone, "You can fo that for me, can't you?"

Ruri's face erupted into flames at the way she said the last bit, nervously following Ana's instructions.

'Sounds like a bleating goat...' Ana listened carefully, 'There's definitely fluid in her lungs.'

She had a mild confused look as she took note of something else as well.

'Is her heart beating fast?'

"You okay, Ruri?" Ana asked in genuine concern, "Your heart's beating a bit fast. It's just above the normal heartbeat rate..."