Chapter 9: Senku vs Tsukasa

Edited: Nov 19 2023
___

'On this Earth, where all of humanity was supposedly turned to stone... There is someone other than us who is alive!!'

That was only one of the many thoughts that have been running through Senku's mind. So many questions like when did they get revived? For how long? How were they surviving?

So many possibilities, yet he currently couldn't answer his own inquiries.

It was a good thing his reliable companion had said those words to give him a nudge to the right direction.

"Send off that smoke signal!!! Give them a sign!!!"

Lalaine, Ana and Athena were already out in the forest, collecting more  fire woods. Senku was the one burning them.

Taiju continued to run off, with Yuzuriha on his tail, to collect in another area.

"HANG ON, I'LL GATHER SOME WOOD!!!"

Senku looked up, standing and analyzing the smoke signal of the other survivor.

'This is a double-edged signal. We'll be letting everyone around us know where we are. But if Tsukasa has found out about our plan to make gunpowder...' He had a strained grin on his face, 'Yeah... Just like what Ana said, we need to sacrifice our safety for the future.'

Tsukasa was steadily decreasing the distance between them, getting faster and faster.

'Senku and Ana are making gunpowder! It was the shells that made me realize. Seashells have four uses! Uses so important, you might as well be dead without them!'

His mind flashed back to the last night they were all together.

Senku was silent for a while before a sly smile formed on his face, Ana going with the flow.

"No, there are three. I didn't say three? Huh? I said three uses, didn't I?"

The way Ana lied smoothly to follow up.

Tsukasa narrowed his eyes, increasing his pace. Not even taking a break because if he did, it might as well cost him everything he had right now.

'Even at that time... Senku and Ana were already wary of my fighting prowess, and they his it from me... In other words... The fourth important use of seashells... Is a science's weapon!! And following that line of deduction... They could be used as component of gunpowder by mass-producing saltpeter from them...'