Chapter 12: Epilogue of Prologue

Edited: Dec 1 2023

___

The black smoke started to disperse around the area. Tsukasa emerged form the enormous black smoke, his clothes have burns all over them with little-to-no scratch from the explosion, hands clutching the wound on his chest.

He ripped off his top, throwing it away but ripping a piece of it for his wound. The group was nowhere to be seen. His mind flashed back to Yuzuriha throwing the black gunpowder to him.

'That must be black gunpowder.'

He thought back on what he was supposed to do before Ana unexpectedly attacked him. The way she immediately dashed away to the opposite side when she jumped back to her group.

'I would've split it all into two and create a path for me to escape...'

Tsukasa glared at the group's previous spot.

'Taiju would never attack another person. Which mean that he didn't even expect me to be scratched by that explosion.'

"Farewell, Tsukasa!!"

Tsukasa figured it out, they were never planning to actually engage him in a fight.

"So that's it. That's what he meant..."

The group were running deep into the forest. Taiju carrying Senku and with the rest of them carrying all the things they were able to grab back there. All of them were breathing herd at the speed they were going.

Taiju remembered what Senku said to him and Ana.

"When we escape, for sure... We'll do it together!!"

"That's right, Senku! We're running away together!" Taiju grinned bitterly at his thoughts.

"No matter what anyone says, I'll never believe it. You couldn't possibly die!! After claiming you'd build civilization over from scratch. You're not the weak-willed kind of man that would give up halfway through!" Ana said through gritted teeth, holding herself back from breaking down then and there.

Athena was tempted to counter it, but she knew it'll make things worse if she did.

It started to rain hard, yet not one of them gave a damn about it.

'There's no doubt about it... I crushed the spine... His cervical plexus was broken. And in the stone world where medical science doesn't exist... Regardless of what kind of physical rehabilitation or care they try, it will all be useless...'