Chapter 32: Village Games of Schemes

Will edit later if I need to make changes.

___

[All you need is determination]

"Mister Senku? And Miss Ana, I presume...?"

A chance meeting.

"Me? What about me?" Whispered Lalaine, not loud enough to let any other hear her voice.

Those who heard Ruri spoke to the foreigners were confused, not really knowing how their priestess knew their names. On the other hand, the owner of the names Ruri called out only threw a glance at her from over their shoulders.

"So, you're the priestess, Ruri?" Senku chuckled, "At last, we meet face to face."

"You already know our names, are you perhaps a fan?" Ana smiled softly at Ruri but her eyes had a certain glint in them, fortunately that seemed to answer Ruri's question in her mind.

"Senku, Ana... What are your family names?"

Ruri's question was the reason why both smiles on Ana and Senku's faces dropped as soon as they realized something. However, it only caused the villagers around to murmur in confusion once again. After all, this seemed to starting to become the most eventful day in the village so far.

"Family..."

"... Name?!"

"Omg, what's my last name again?" Lalaine asked a random villager that was standing close to her.

"I have no idea what that even means."

"A family name is another name that would precede your normal name..." Ruri rushed to explain, perhaps the two forgot what it meant?

"Yeah, yeah... We know what a family name is." Senku cut her off himself, because Ana seemed to be occupied by her own thoughts.

'But this village doesn't practice the culture of Family names. Why would she know about them...?' Senku was about to ask Ana what she thought about this newfound information. He stopped when she turned to face Ruri fully and by her gaze. Although, not directed at him, felt like they were telling him to shut up and stay put.

"How do you know about family names? Tell me, do you know what my family name is?" Ana questioned as she started to walk towards Ruri, but it was more like she was demanding the answers to be given to her right away.

"Could it be... Senku, you are... Ishi-" Ruri tried her best to give her answer to the dark haired girl and the man named Senku.

However, before she could do it, her knees gave out and she was falling. Ruri braced herself for the inevitable impact, but she felt a pair of arms wrapped around her from her front and caught her. Ruri coughed, covering her mouth before she looked up to see who helped her.

"When we win this thing, you better tell us what you know." Ana spoke of winning with full confidence, and despite the fact that it might seem like she was ordering Ruri, the priestess felt calm at her command. "So you better rest well, you'll be in good shape soon."

"Lady Ruri!!" Jasper called out in concern.

"This is because you let her walk around!! Quickly, carry her!!" Ordered Kokuyo, not really all the comfortable with a stranger so close to Ruri. How did she even get there?!

"Everyone! Stay away from the priestess!!" Turquoise prevent Senku from following Ana and questioning Ruri. Turquoise then turned to Ana, "And you, outlander-"

"Oh it has been a long time since I heard someone call me that." Ana only smirked, not letting go of Ruri, otherwise she'd let the girl lay on the ground fully.