Chapter 34: The Fruits OF 2,000,000 Years

Will edit if I need to change something because there are ants in my laptop. If you find a word with a missing 'T', it's because the key for letter 'T' on my laptop is being a bitch.

Thank you!
___

Ana exhaled, giving the weapon she borrowed to Senku, who stumbled a bit. In exchange, Ana picked up William and placed him on top of her head.

"Well, this is a biiiiit complicated." The dark haired girl leaned down, her face inches away from the blushing Ruri. Ana then gave her a coy smile, "Well, if I marry you, that means the entire village will also be mine, right? Fine then, here I go."

"Y... Yes! That's how it works..." Ruri does not know why she was blushing when she knew damn well that she was older than the outlander, and while she have a snake on top of her head, "Actually, since you're-"

[This is our kingdom]

Ana's Father-in-law decided it was the best moment to cut off what Ruri was about to say.

"Where the Hell did you and your companions even come from in the first place, anyways?!" Kokuyo chose to not insult the girl with words, "I can't accept an outsider as our chief!!"

"My, my~ If it isn't the former village chief? Hello there, Father-In-Law!" Ana cheerily greeted the old man, "I don't care about what you can or can't accept, because, oh, would you look at that! I'm the chief now!"

Ana laughed merrily as the previous chief continued to argue with her as the rest of the villager watch conflicted.

"Errr, who exactly are we supposed to side with here?!"

"Chief Kokuyo, of course!" Exclaimed Turquoise, "Have you all gone dumb or something?!"

"But she did win under the watchful eyes of God."

"And she even married the Priestess..."

"Yeah! Ana won under he watchful eyes of God." Lalaine decided to join in and make add more drama, "You'd go against the decisions of God and your traditions?"

Ana and Lalaine turned their gazes towards each other, accomplished smirks on their faces as the villagers agreed with her words.

"Alright, my people. You've all seen that I won. As a victory prize..." Ana clapped her hands, "May I receive the booze, now?"

"Oh, thank you for not dragging this 'Father-In-Law does not approve of marriage' drama." Senku carelessly drop the weapon he was holding to the ground as he crossed his arms.

"I thought you were actually going to say some wise words, Ana." Commented Kohaku.

"At least she didn't sound like those people..." Kaseki added as an afterthought.

A big man, Sagan, complied to her request and brought all the booze they prepared for the winner and the new chief, Ganen trailed after him, helping him bring along the rest, too.

"These jars are no good, they've already totally turned to vinegar." Sagan said.

"Don't throw them out! We'll take those, too!" Senku hurriedly ran up, as if the jars of vinegar would be thrown out right away.

A cough was heard, followed by another and it did not seem like it would stop any time soon. Ruri dropped to her knees, seeing some blood on the hand she used to cover her mouth.

"Ruri...!" Kohaku went to her aid.

"We're right up against out time limit now." Senku stood on Ana's side, "And we just finished the Village Games, too. We won't even have a moment to rest."