Chapter 10: The Science Gang

Edited: Nov 28 2023

___

A much younger Senku stood up.

"I'm going to go up into space." He stated with no hesitation in his voice.

An explosive statement for a first-grader such as Senku. The teacher gave him a smile at his dream.

"An astronaut! That's a wonderful dream! Once you grow up..."

The teacher was cut off by Senku.

"No, I'm gonna go now."

Everyone in the room, including the teacher, were shocked.

Two kids named Lalaine and Athena stared at him in disbelief and bewilderment.

Senku walked inside their apartment, taking off his shoes. He chuckled as he recalled what he said earlier in their class.

"Just one problem... I don't know the first thing about science. So I'm just gonna have to start from the very top..."

Byakuya, Senku's adoptive father, sweat dropped at him.

'It's one thing that he doesn't act like a kid... But he doesn't seem like a kid...'

Senku had a lot of books surrounding him that were placed on the table, reading intently.

"... Learn it all and experiment for myself!!!"

The students and staff in the library were staring at him. From around the corner, Athena tugged at Lalaine's shoulder.

"Bro, is this kid really serious about going to space?" She whispered.

Lalaine took a glance at the lettuce-haired kid, she whispered back to Athena.

"3000 Yen says Ana can go to space right now by paying NASA to build her own spacecraft."

Athena furrowed her eyebrows.

"Is that legal? Either way, that's a loser bet."

They both shrugged, letting the boy do his own things. Lalaine and Athena exited the library and school, on their way to their friend's place. Not even caring that they were basically skipping classes.

"D'ya think we should tell this to Ana?" Lalaine wondered.

"Tell what?"

"About that classmate of ours."

A scoff was heard as a reply, "As if she'd be interested to someone who's all nerdy about science, chemistry, space, astrono..."

Athena stopped on her tracks.

"Oh... She would be." She threw her arms, "Ahhh whatever, if we don't forget about him, then we'll tell. If we do forget, then it is what it is."

Byakuya looked at Senku from the corner of his eye, from the driver's seat.

"I may not be able to help you myself, but if you're really serious about this, Senku... Then with your sincere, steady science, there is nothing you won't be able to accomplish!"

Byakuya had tears and snot running down his face as he gave the key to the car dealer, yet he did not have even an ounce of regret on doing it.

"As for the tools you'll need... I'm sure Santa will take care of you..!!'