Chapter 6: Taiju vs. Tsukasa

Edited: Oct 16 2023
___

Ana completely turned around, waiting for Tsukasa to make his appearance.

Up above the tree house, Lalaine and Athena poke their heads out from the bottom of the door so Ana won't see them stalking at them. Pushing each others' head whenever one of them think they're being too obvious.

Senku looked at his childhood friends.

"So, will you two run now or will everyone fight to put a stop to Tsukasa."

Taiju was determined to side with his friend though. Seriously, where does this guy get all that energy.

Ana estimated Taiju's stamina to be 30% more than her own.

"THAT'S OBVIOUS!! We'll choose to fight together, right!?" The big guy announced, "Don't thing of me and Yuzuriha so poorly, Senku!!"

"I'm not speaking out of any special consideration." Senku tried to settle his childhood friends down, "It's simply that running is the most logical option."

"No, no, not at all! I don't know what's going on, but I'll do anything to help." Yuzuriha nodded to what Taiju said just a few seconds ago.

After that statement, Senku knew he won't be able to shake them off.

"Alright, I can see your enthusiasm. So listen to me for a second, you look-alike couple."

Ana tapped Senku's shoulder, slightly standing on the tip of her toes go whisper on his ear.

"Tsukasa's here."

'Since when did he start to get taller than me...'

Senku wandered how she can be sure, but Taiju's loud voice turned his attention towards him.

Taiju looked like he still doesn't fully believe that Tsukasa was a murderer but knew that Senku was right.

"IF TSUKASA IS REALLY BREAKING STATUES, IF HE'S REALLY KILLING PEOPLE, I'LL DEFINITELY-"

Out of nowhere, at least for the three childhood friends, a voice spoke up.

"You can call it killing, if you want. It's simply a matter of perception."

Taiju and Senku were alarmed by Tsukasa's sudden appearance.

"I told you, Senku!" Ana hissed silently at Senku, hands placed on his shoulder.

Tsukasa continued what he was saying as he glared at all four of them.

"I'm culling humanity for the sake of a new world."

He strode closer to them.

His goal was a paradise in the stone world. That is what he wishes for.

Taiju stood in front of them between his friends and Tsukasa, shielding them for whatever would come next.

Senku smirked, sweating nervously.

'Even in front of Taiju and Yuzuriha, it seems he has no intention of hiding his murders. In other words, they're nothing than a nuisance to him.'

He stood protectively in front of the pots of Nitric Acid, wine and bags of calcium nitrate that Ana organized.

Taiju's eyes widened when he saw what had been on Tsukasa's clenched fist. Tsukasa, as showing evidence to Taiju, opened his fist, letting the stone fragments fall onto the ground.