Chapter 29

Recap:

“I’m sorry, Maggie.” Cody said.

I stared at him.

“I forgive you.” I said.

I wonder how many times we forgive just because we don’t want to lose someone. Even if they don’t deserve forgiveness.

“Really? Because you don’t have to forgive me if you don’t want to…” Cody said.

“You don’t deserve forgiveness, but I’m giving it to you.” I said, getting up and walking to my bunk.

I’m not happy anymore, but I’m not sad either.

I think I’m just angry at myself.

I’m tired too.

Too tired to do anything but also too awake to sleep.

My mind always takes control.

The over thinking and the negative and bad thoughts.

They all just rush into my head.

All the time.

I don’t trust my mind.

The worst feeling is not being able to trust yourself, to be afraid of yourself, your own mind.

The rest of the day was pretty boring actually.

It was the middle of July, so there was really nothing to do then.

If only we came here on July 1st, Canada day. So we could see the fireworks and stuff like last year.

Today we just lazed around and watched TV.

We were staying at a hotel tonight so we could all shower and stuff like that.

When we got to the hotel, we got 6 rooms.

They were all in one hall too, so that made it fun.

Matt had Cody and I share a room, assuming we were all good again. Two single beds. Good.

I don’t wanna sleep with him just yet.

He’s been kind of distancing himself from me all day that would kind of be awkward.

Alli had the room next to us, so she said I could go in there if Cody and I get into another fight.

Cody and the rest of the crew, including Alli, all went down to the pool, but I stayed back so I could shower.

After I finished my shower, I decided to take a quick nap before everyone came back up.

I put my hair in a messy bun and put on some comfy track pants and a tank top.

I lay down and closed my eyes, slowly drifting off to sleep.

“Maggie?” I heard someone say.

I quickly opened my eyes and sat up, bumping my head with Cody’s.

He fell to the ground and groaned in pain.

“Oh my gosh, Cody! I’m so sorry! Are you alright?” I asked, scrambling to my feet and holding my hand out for him.