"I'm scared, Alli." {Chapter Two}

Cody’s POV

I made so many mistakes last year. The worst mistake was hurting Maggie. I made a promise to myself and to her that I would never hurt her again. Did she believe me? No. I don’t think she’ll ever forgive me. I mean, we’re fine now. We’re getting along, because we’re friends. But what happens if we become more than friends again? If I lose her again, I don’t know what I’ll do.

*5 hours later *

I looked away from the now blank TV screen and saw Maggie asleep. She usually falls asleep after the sixth movie.

Alli and I looked at each other. She frowned.

“What?” I asked, now frowning.

“Why haven’t you asked Maggie to be your girlfriend yet?” She whispered.

Good question.

“It’s complicated…” I finally said.

“It shouldn’t be. You love her, right?” She asked.

“Of course!” I said.

“There you go! Not so complicated, now is it?”

“Alli, what if she says no?” I asked.

Alli laughed.

“Maggie? Say no to you? You’re joking, right?” She asked.

“I’m not joking! I’m really scared that I’ll get rejected by her.” I said, looking at Maggie once again.

I swear, she’s an angel sent down from heaven.

“Cody, she won’t reject you!” Alli said.

“How do you know?!” I asked.

“I don’t-“

“Exactly!” I cut her off.

“Let me finish! I don’t know exactly, but you have to take that chance if you love her.” Alli said.

“I don’t know, Alli.”

Alli shook her head.

“Fine then.” She finally said, shaking Maggie awake.

I saw Maggie’s eyes open slowly.

“Did I fall asleep on the 6th movie, again?” She asked.

“Yup.” I said, laughing.

Maggie sighed.

“I’m sorry! I don’t know why, but I just get so tired watching movies.” She said, frowning.

“It’s okay, angel.” I said, kissing her forehead.

I watched her lips turn into a smile.

I smiled as well. I mean, I can’t help it. When I see her happy and smiling, it’s like a smile is instantly glued to my face. I love seeing Maggie happy, and the fact that I’m the reason for her smile makes me even happier.

“What time is it?” Maggie asked sleepily.

I looked at the watch on my wrist.

“6:45 pm.” I said.

She quickly scrambled to her feet.

“I was supposed to be home at three!” She said, running to the door.

“Chill out! Your mom called a little while ago, you’re staying for the night thanks to moi!” Alli said, smiling.

Maggie walked over to the couch, sat back down, and snuggled back up to me.