chapter 32!

Recap:

“Finally someone new in the neighbourhood!” I said, jumping up, and running out of my room, down the stairs, and out the door, only to run into Cody.

We both fell, tumbling down the porch steps.

“Going somewhere?” Cody asked, beneath me.

I laughed, as I started to get up, but he pulled me back down.

“You always have to be on top, don’t ya?” He asked, winking at me.

I gasped, and then quickly got up, laughing.

He got up, brushing the dirt off his shorts.

He then looked across the street and noticed the people moving in.

Now that I looked closer, they were all what I thought they were.

A girl my age, a boy my age, a little girl that looked to be about Becky’s age, and a boy that looked to be older.

The girl was really pretty from what I could see.

I saw Cody checking her out.

I glared at him, and covered his eyes.

“No looking.” I said.

“Aw,” He said, winking at me.

I gasped once again, and he wrapped his arms around me.

It’s just that whenever I see a pretty girl, I feel so intimidated. It’s like whenever I think I look decent or okay, I see a pretty girl on the street or a picture of a pretty girl online or something and I just immediately fall into the assumption that I would never measure up to that kind of “pretty”. It’s like I can never be enough because there will always be someone prettier and better.

“No worries, beautiful. You’re the only girl for me.” He said, kissing me.

Cody’s so weird.

But that’s okay, because we’re all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.

“Ready to go?” Angie asked from next door.

“Yes!” I said, excited.

“Great! Go get your bags and bring them down.” She said, smiling, as she dragged her own bags outside.

I ran back inside and up the stairs, into my room.

I grabbed my stuff and smiled at Alli.

“Ready?” I asked.

She smiled at me back.

“Ready as I’ll ever be.” She said, helping me carry my stuff down the stairs and out the door.

I put my bags in the Simpson’s trunk, and ran back inside to say goodbye to my family.

“See you in two weeks.” I said, kissing them all on the cheek.

I then ran back outside, really excited, and hopped into the car next to Cody.

It was really squished because there were four of us in the back.

Cody, me, Alli, and Tom.

I guess Cody didn’t mind, because he actually pulled me closer to him if that was possible.