"I made a mistake..." {Chapter Nine}

Alli’s POV

I’ve been waiting for Cody’s reply for over half an hour now…

Maybe what I said was too harsh…

I regret asking what’s the point in being Maggie’s friend if she’s not going to be at my party.

He probably told Maggie…

“Are you okay, Alli?” Madison asked, as she finished painting my nails.

I faked a smile.

“Completely fine.” I said.

Madison smiled.

“Okay! So, what do you want to do now?” She asked.

“Wanna come hang out with Christian, Caitlin, Cody, and I?” I asked.

She looked hurt.

“But, I thought we were going to have a sleepover like we used to!” She said.

“I’m sorry. It’s just I made a mistake…” I said.

“What’s the mistake? Coming here?” Madison asked, crossing her arms across her chest.

I sighed.

“Of course not! I just promised Cody that I would hang with them today…” I said.

“But, Alli! You said you would stay this time! You said you wouldn’t ditch me anymore!” Madison yelled.

“Madison, I’m not ditching you. I asked if you wanted to come hang with us!” I yelled back.

She shook her head.

“Whatever. You’re not the same since you’ve been hanging with that Maggie girl. You totally forgot about me.” She said.

“If I forgot about you, then why am I here?!” I shouted at her.

“Just go! Go back to your new best friend!” Madison said, pointing to the door.

Ouch…

“Madison!” I said.

“Go.” She said.

“Madison, I-“

“Get out of my house, Alli!”

I fought back tears as I gathered my stuff and headed towards the front door.

I looked back at her. She looked hurt. Well, I feel hurt.

“Madison…” I said, shaking my head.

She was fighting back tears too. I could tell…

“Go.” She said, once again.

With that, I left.

I didn’t get very far until I broke down crying on the sidewalk.

I lost two best friends in one day…

I took out my iPhone and dialled Cody’s number.

It went right to voicemail.

Now Cody is ignoring me.

My OWN brother…

Ok, Alli, pull yourself together. Don’t let this hurt you. Hold your head up high, blink away the tears and walk. Just walk until your legs hurt. Walk until you’re out of the city…maybe even out of the country. Just keep walking. Just walk.

Cody’s POV