Chapter 30!

Recap:

“Noah, have you ever kissed a girl?” I asked.

He looked at me for a long time.

“Depends. Does my mother count?” He asked.

I smiled.

“No.” I said.

“Then no, I have never kissed a girl before.” He said.

I nodded my head.

I slowly leaned in. My face was just inches from his, and I saw him smiling.

I cracked a smile as my lips crashed onto his gently.

I pulled away after a couple of seconds.

He looked at me.

“Why did you do that?” He asked.

“Because.” I said.

“Because why?” He asked.

“I just wanted your first kiss to be with someone who cares about you and who thinks about you more than just a friend.” I said.

“You think of me more than just a friend?” He asked.

“Yeah, but that’s not the point. Girls lie, and they will lie just to get you. And I wouldn’t want your first kiss to be with one of those girls who just want to change their relationship status.” I said.

He smiled at me.

“Well, thanks. But, how about I drop you off at the venue so you can talk to Cody?” He asked, starting the engine.

“I don’t get you.” I said.

He looked at me and laughed.

“What?” He said.

“I just kissed you and confessed that I like you, but you don’t even care.” I said.

He laughed again.

“It’s not that I don’t care, because that was really nice…but…you love Cody, not me. Sure, you have a crush on me and that’s really nice and cute…but you love Cody. And love beats crush any day.” He said.

I shook  my head.

“Are there anymore guys like you or have they all gone extinct?” I asked, laughing.

“Probably extinct.” He said, laughing as well.

It’s funny because you meet these people and they make you laugh and they give you hope and they make you realize that there is so much more to life and when you’re with them, you forget how empty you felt before.

“Are you sure, Noah? This may be the last time we see each other for a really long time…” I said, looking at the venue from Noah’s car.

He got out of his car, and came to my side.

He opened the door for me, smiling.

I smiled at him back as I got out.

“I’m sure…” He said.

He was leaning against his car now.

“Are you positive?” I asked, leaning against his car as well.