chapter 36!

Recap:

A couple hours went by of talking and silence, but we finally made it to the hospital.

We were in the waiting room for almost 4 hours, which really annoyed me because I felt like I could die any second with the pain that was going through my body at the moment.

When we FINALLY saw a doctor, he told me to pee in a cup, so I did and then they started doing tests and all that stuff.

After the tests were finished, he came back into the room and told me that I would need to get my appendix out.

He told me it was a simple surgery and that I would only need to stay in the hospital for 3-4 days depending on how well I take the surgery.

They had to call my mom to let her know what was happening, so after that, I said my goodbyes to Cody and Brad, telling them I’ll see them soon and such. Cody seemed really worried but I saw Brad reassuring him as I was taken to the operation room.

They drugged me up (put me to sleep) so I wouldn’t be awake when they cut me open.

The last thing I saw was the doctors getting ready to operate on me. I then felt my body fall asleep, making me feel all numb and then soon enough I just fell asleep all together.

I woke up with a horrible pain in my side. I lifted my shirt up to see bandages over my whole right side. I then remembered I got surgery, to get my appendix removed. I looked around to see if anyone was here and there was no one. I looked around to see if I could spot any notes lying around from Cody, but there was none.

I then noticed my phone sitting on the table beside the bed, so I grabbed it and tried turning it on, but it was dead. The red battery sign kept showing up, which meant it needed to be charged.

I guess I’ll have to wait it out until someone comes in. I would like to know the time though. I looked around the room again, this time trying to find a clock but there was none! What kind of hospital room doesn’t have a clock?

I tried to look out the window to see if it was light or dark out, but the blinds were closed so I saw nothing.

Feeling frustrated, I tried to get up out of the bed, but my body didn’t like that.

A couple minutes passed, and finally someone opened the door. But it wasn’t who I wanted it to be, it was just a doctor.

“Oh, you’re up!” He said, smiling at me.

“Where’s Cody?” I asked.

“The blonde kid?” He asked.

“Yeah.” I responded.

“Oh, him and his dad went back to their house to get you some clothes, because you’ll be staying here for at least two days.” He said.

I sighed, wanting to just cry because I felt like I ruined Cody’s vacation.

“Do you know when they left?” I asked.

“Couple hours ago, they should be back soon. How are you feeling?” He asked me, sitting down in a chair beside me with a chart.

“Sore.” I said.

“That’s expected.” He said, writing a couple things down on the paper.

“Why do I need to stay for two days?” I asked, curious.

“We need to make sure you can walk without major pain, and to make sure that your stitches will heal correctly and that they're placed correctly.” He said, getting up. He walked around to the other side of the bed and examined me.