Chapter Twenty One :)

Recap:

Cody and I were just laying still.

It was silent…and not one of those comfortable silences, but one of those awkward ones…

I began to get up, but Cody stopped me.

“I’m so glad you’re coming on the tour with me.” He said, intertwining his fingers with mine.

“Me too.” I said, looking into his eyes.

“Who knows, maybe we’ll even be going to Australia afterwards, and then you can meet my grandparents…and Campbell and Josh.” He said, smiling, as he played with my fingers.

I nodded my head, smiling.

I slowly got up and headed for the doorway.

“Maggie?” Cody asked, sitting up in Alli’s bed.

I turned around and locked eyes with him.

“Yeah?” I asked.

“Do you think we’ll ever have another chance? Like as a couple?” He asked.

I looked down at my feet.

Anything but this question…

“Because I was really hoping we could just start over, you know?” He asked, getting up off the bed and slowly walking toward me.

“I really…don’t know. I mean, there’s a chance. A really big chance. But, I just don’t know if I can go through that again, Cody.” I said.

He stopped walking toward me and looked down at his feet.

“I know I was a horrible boyfriend in the past. I don’t blame you for holding that against me, and..i’m not going to get mad this time if you need more time to move on from all that. That was the old me…” Cody said, lifting his head up and cracking a small smile.

I smiled at him.

“I don’t know, Cody. I feel like we’ve been in a relationship this whole time honestly. Yeah, we fight but so does every other couple. It’s normal, and yeah…sometimes we can go for months without talking, but every time…and I mean every single damn time I see you, I just want to be wrapped in your arms. I just can’t help it. Even if I’m too mad to speak, I just wanna be held by you.” I said, laughing awkwardly.

Cody came over to me and wrapped his arms around me.

“That was a cute speech.” He said, letting go of me.

I blushed.

“Why thank you.” I said, winking.

We just kinda stood there for a couple minutes.

“You wanna know something?” I asked.

“Yes..” Cody said, grabbing both my hands.

“I always wished for that relationship that everyone talks about. The one where you're best friends. The one where you can beyourself around each other. The one where you find the person that becomes you're everything.” I sai, looking him dead in the eye.