His smile was cute... {Chapter Eleven}

Cody’s POV

“She’s still not answering!” I shouted from the backseat in the car that Caitlin’s mom was driving.

“Maybe her phone died.” Caitlin said.

“Why would she run away?” I asked.

“Madison kicked her out…” Christian joined in.

“Well, we need to find her!” I said, looking out the window.

“We will, Cody. Don’t worry.” Caitlin said, turning around to look at me.

I looked back at her.

“Don’t tell me not to worry! She’s my sister, I’m obviously going to worry!” I snapped at her.

She looked at me long and hard before she turned her attention to the front.

“Cody…” Christian said quietly.

I turned to look at him beside me.

“Hm?”

“Alli is going to be fine. We’ll find her.” He said reassuringly.

I didn’t say anything. I just turned to look out the window.

How does he know we’re going to find her? He can’t tell the future…

My iPhone rang minutes later.

I looked at the caller id.

Alli.

I quickly pressed ‘answer’ and held the phone to my ear.

“Alli! Are you okay?” I asked.

“Listen, my phone only has 20% battery left and the service here is bad. I had to walk until I had service.” She said in a panic.

“I told you to stay where you were!” I said.

“Would you rather me stay where I was and not be able to call you or find service and call you?” She asked with attitude.

“What do you see now?” I asked, completely ignoring her stupid question.

“Trees.” She said.

“Anything else? Walk around a bit and see if you can see anything else or maybe even somebody.” I said.

“I don’t think that’s such a good idea.” She said.

“Why not?” I asked.

“Because it took me a while to find the spot where there was service and if I move, I don’t know if I’ll be able to get it back.” She said.

I didn’t say anything.

“Cody?” She asked.

“Yup.” I said.

I can’t believe my sister is lost. My baby sister. Well, she’s 13 going on 14, but she’s still my baby sister to me!

“What do I do now?” She asked softly.

“Just stay exactly where you are. Do you have any water or any food?” I asked, hoping the answer would be yes to both.

“No.” She said quietly.

“Look-“

“Wait! I think I might in my backpack.” She said, interrupting me.

“Carefully look without losing service.” I said.

“I’ll be careful. But hey, I only have 20% battery remember?” She said.

“Did you find any water or food?” I asked, ignoring her question again.