chapter 40! the end.

Things have been going really well for me lately, and for once I'm actually happy with who I am and who I'm slowly becoming. 

I'm in school. I've been in school since December, and it is now May.

The people at school are actually pretty nice, and I can honestly say I've made a decent amount of friends. Yeah, there's obviously the mean people who try to bring me down but I just ignore it because they're honestly not worth my attention anymore. I've definitely had my break down days since I started, but I know how to get back on my feet again.

Noah is still recovering, and it's taking a lot of time right now for him to adjust to school and I get that. Most of the time, I have to take his work home for him because he refuses to get out of bed. I feel really bad for him and it hurts me to see him struggle daily, but the doctors say that's just part of recovery and it's going to take much more than just medicine for him to recover.

Cody went on tour for three months, and just got back a couple weeks ago. It was lonely, just like before but we've been really good together and I can tell he's really happy which makes me even more happier. 

Generally, things are starting to look good for once and I think I'm finally happy.

"What's up buttercup?" Cody asked, sitting next to me on my bed.

"Homework." I said.

"Really? When is that due?" He asked, kissing my cheek.

"Tomorrow." I said, pushing his cute face away from me.

"Don't ya think you can do that later?" He asked, pushing my books off my lap.

"No, I really can't." I said, laughing as I picked up my books.

He pouted.

"No, stop it!" I said, looking away from him.

"I just wanna cuddle." He said, pulling me close to him.

I sighed, and threw my books on the floor.

"Fine, Simpson, you got what you want." I said, snuggling up to him.

"I knew I would. So how are things? I feel like I haven't seen you in forever. You're always in your room doing homework." He said, playing with my hair.

"I know, it's just the way things are now I guess. I still have a lot of catching up to do if I want to pass this year." I said.

"If you ever need help, just let me know." He said.

"I will, thank you." I said.

"Something else bothering you?" He asked.

"Not really, I'm just kinda stressed about Noah. I really hope he'll get better soon. I hate seeing him like this all the time." I said.

"I know what you mean. It's kind of a scary feeling, isn't it? Like you don't know what they're going to do next." He said.

"That's exactly it, how do you know what that feels like?" I asked, curious.

"I felt that with you all last year and while we were on tour that one time when I was really messed up. I never knew what you were going to do next and it hurt so bad not knowing what was going on. I just couldn't bring myself to ever ask because I was so tired all the time." He said.

"Yeah, that was definitely one of the hardest times for both of us. I'm just glad we made it through." I said.

"Me too." He said, kissing my head.

"Maggie?" I heard Noah say my name.

"Yeah, in my room." I said.

"Okay, so- oh...hi, Cody." Noah said.