Chapter 24

Recap:

“So, is there anything that you guys would like to do today?” Angie asked, setting down some groceries on the table.

“Hm…well I was hoping we could maybe get out to New York City, and go explore Times Square and just shop around for a day.” Alli said, smiling.

“That sounds fun! We could get you there. What about you Cody? What did you and Jake want to do?” Angie asked.

The fact that Alli and Cody could probably fly to anywhere in the world for just a day amazes me. I wish I had that kind of money…

“I think we’re okay to hang here for a couple days. Don’t wanna do anything too big because of the tour day after tomorrow, if that’s okay with Jake and Maggie.” Cody said.

“Maggie isn’t hanging with Alli and her friends?” Angie asked, as the girls were laughing and giggling in the next room.

“Nope, she’s mine and Jake’s for a couple days.” Cody said, putting his arm around me.

“Well, that’s fine with me then. I’ll be going with the girls while your father and Tom will stay here.” Angie said, smiling.

“Alright! Have fun.” Cody said, smiling at his mom, as she ran up the stairs, probably to pack.

Cody and Jake headed up to Cody’s room while I just stood there.

A couple seconds later, Cody came back down.

“You coming?” He asked, grabbing my hand and leading me to his room.

I laughed.

Cody shut his bedroom door once the three of us were inside.

“So, what did you guys want to do until day after tomorrow?” Cody asked.

“Well, Kylie wants to see me for a couple hours so we can catch up.” Jake said, looking at his phone.

“You guys wanna come?” He asked.

Cody looked at me and shook his head to Jake.

“Uh, no thanks.” Cody said.

“Why not?” Jake asked.

“Maggie and Kylie had a fist fight last night before you guys came. That’s why you probably didn’t see her at the party.” Cody said.

“Oh, well in that case, never mind. Kylie can go hang with herself then.” Jake said, putting his phone down beside him.

“No, its fine. You can hang with her. Don’t let me ruin your time down here.” I said.

“No, no. It’s fine, really. I didn’t wanna hang with her in the first place, I just cant see myself saying no unless it’s a good reason, and well, that’s a perfect reason.” Jake said, laughing.

I smiled.

“Alright.” I said.

“OK! So, any ideas?” Cody asked.

“How about the fair at the boardwalk?” Jake asked.

“Yes! We’d have to go later tonight though so we wouldn’t get as recognized so that we can actually enjoy the rides and games.” Cody said.