Chapter 38

September 28th, 2017

Jo approached Taylor, mouthing 'shh' with a gesture to the security that saw her coming a mile away. Taylor was standing in front of a statue, watching golden leaves fall onto the grass and walking trails.

It was their one year anniversary, and Jo may have purposely scheduled her tour dates to not only allow her a couple days off for it, but also to put her in Nashville at the right time since she knew Taylor would likely be with her mom.

Flynn was walking with her, ready for his leash to be handed off to Gabriel at a moments notice. He'd grown a lot, his paws almost as big as Jo's palm now.

Security stepped aside, only two men that allowed for them to look like a group of friends instead of two celebrities wearing wigs and sunglasses followed by bodyguards.

Jo gave Gabriel the leash, motioned for him to stand back and quickly wrapped her arms around Taylor.

Taylor screamed, drawing attention to them. She saw a lock of orange hair fly in the breeze around her and elbowed the attacker in the ribs.

Jo fell to the ground, grabbing at her abdomen and crying out, "Jesus, Tay!"

"Not again," Taylor turned around, jaw open in shock, "Why the fuck do you do that when you know I'm literally on alert my entire life, even when I'm sleeping?! This is like the third time I've injured you this year."

"Who else would be hugging you when you have security with you?!" Jo laid down flat on the pavement, her wig almost falling off. She was holding her stomach, the wind knocked out of her.

Taylor was wearing her dark coloured wig, literally the same one she'd been wearing for years. It was from the You Belong With Me music video, and it really did disguise her well with some sunglasses.

Taylor sighed and extended her hand, "I apologize, you ass... are you okay?"

Jo took the blonde's hand and sat up, got back on her own two feet while she said, "Yes, you jerk. Happy anniversary."

"Kiss?" Taylor hummed, pouting with her lower lip. The security guards all turned around, even Flynn turned around as Jo had taught him to follow the movement of the person who held his lead.

Jo leaned in and kissed Taylor, already forgetting that she'd previously been elbowed into the stomach quite brutally. There was a slight throbbing, but it wasn't anything too serious.

"Happy anniversary," Taylor replied as they pulled away. The park wasn't too busy, although Centennial Park was never truly quiet.

Taylor especially loved the fall, the colour of the leaves changing and the weather not too hot. Luckily, it was coincidental that their anniversary was during her favourite time of the year, and spent in one of her favourite places.

Flynn could only last so long, though. He turned around and rubbed up to Taylor's leg, recognizing her smell anywhere, "Hi, Floof. How you been?"

She pet him playfully, laughing when he rolled onto his back to let her rub his belly. She'd warmed up to him at last, much to her dismay.

The girls began to walk a distance in front of security, Jo letting the dog wander on a long leash and smell the grass.

"I missed you a lot," Taylor admitted, trying to locate Jo's fingers to hold onto them. It took her a second, fumbling for the right placement, but then it was like the ever so familiar glove.

"I haven't been able to stop thinking about you," Jo looked down while she blushed, "Performing songs about you, writing them, too. I couldn't wait for the bus to get into Nashville."