Chapter 66

May 24th, 2019 / May 25th, 2019

Back at the table, each with a fresh drink in their hand, Taylor stayed on her girlfriend's lap, wrapped around her like her life depended on it.

Jo started to pay attention to the chatter more and more as time passed, but when the models got out the cocaine, which she thought they might, Jo became very disinterested.

In turn, she carefully grazed over her pocket and raised the level of the vibrator in Taylor's underwear, turning it on to the lowest setting. Taylor didn't seem to react, but Jo could feel the vibration on her legs, so that meant Taylor could definitely feel it.

Jo thought it was ironic how the song she had written that day was about getting jealous of the others who craved Taylor's attention, and here they were because Taylor had let Ava get to her.

"So, Jo," Karlie turned her attention to her with a grand smile after wiping her nose off, "Taylor said you were in therapy now, how is that going?"

Ugh.

"It's good!" Jo pretended that question didn't make her uncomfortable. She thought that was just between them, but apparently not. The remote was quickly shut off, and Jo didn't know if she would even bother to turn it back on.

The mood was spoiled.

"That's great! I was so upset to hear you haven't been doing well, but hey, I'm here if you ever wanna talk."

"Thanks."

"You're in therapy?" Ava slurred slightly as she spoke.

"Yup," Jo hummed awkwardly.

"Damn," Ava tipped her head back to take a shot off the round of drinks they had ordered before the drugs came out, "That's heavy shit, didn't know you were that messed up. We all got shit though."

"I wanna go home," Jo mumbled against Taylor's shoulder.

"Honey," Taylor frowned, "Are you sure?"

"Yeah. Stay, have fun. I'm gonna get Gabriel to take me home," Jo reached for her phone and transferred some money to their joint account quickly, "Just pay with our card, okay?"

"Okay..." Taylor got off Jo's lap, sensing the tension between them that had just shifted from sexual to uncomfortable.

Jo approached the security guard and he followed her out almost immediately after saying something to one of the other men. Jo never looked back over her shoulder, she pushed open the glass doors and left the building in Paris.

She looked at the clock on the radio, it was approaching eleven already, and she knew Taylor had to work the next day and would hopefully follow after her at a reasonable time.

Jo changed out of her clothes as soon as she returned to the room and got ready for bed. She sat down on the edge of the bed and rubbed her face to try and relax, but she only felt herself think more and more about what happened in the bar as time went on.

"Hey Mom," Jo stared at the ceiling, trying to keep her breaths even. She hardly ever spoke out loud to her deceased parent, but for one reason or another it felt like the right time to do so, "I'm struggling lately."

Jo chuckled at how ridiculous it sounded, to admit that to her mother never mind herself, "I've got this huge anxiety on my chest about my career. I've tried changing my diet, working out more, all the things they recommend, even cutting back on work and nothing has helped. And Taylor, she's great, she's so supportive of me and she listens. She gets it, and I suppose I helped her through something of the same sort before, so it's fair."