Chapter 79

Don't worry, this chapter is to be continued... A bunch of you have absolutely no chill lmao i love it <3

April 27th, 2020 / May 7th, 2020

Quarantine turned out to be very productive for Josephine. She had spent a lot of time writing, working out the kinks in her drum playing, reading and getting a few things checked off her to-do list.

Taylor, on the other hand, had spent a lot of time baking, watching movies, scrapbooking and plotting ways to destroy her enemies. It was also productive, in her own special way.

Until that morning.

Jo was sitting opposite the blonde, the dining room table had the Scrabble board out. Taylor was wearing a black low cut shirt that Jo had called her out on for cheating with, citing it was to distract the opponent.

"It's not cheating because you can't focus," Taylor smirked. She set another word down on the board and added her points as Jo sighed.

"I'm putting a hickey on those later," Jo said softly, adding the word hickey to the board just because she could. Taylor had banned naughty words once upon a time but had lightened up since they were spending more time at home, it made things more exciting.

"I won't stop you," Taylor hummed, her eyes shining as she toyed with the idea. Jo was dressed cozy in a cardigan and sweatpants, her hair in a ponytail with a few stray hairs falling down onto her face.

There was no makeup on either of them. They had planned a day full of activities to do together since they have been doing so much separately, their favourite things.

They played for a few more minutes until Taylor had an expression on her face that Jo knew all too well, "You can go, sweetheart."

"Thank you!" Taylor stood up and pecked Jo's lips on her way to the piano. Jo didn't know what had inspired the urgent need to write a song but she was a little disappointed that Taylor left in the middle of their game. Jo had just put down a long word, too.

Cardigan.

"Do you mind if I sit and listen?" Jo inquired after she cleaned up the game and put it back on the shelf in the den.

"Not at all," Taylor smiled and glanced up for a second, typing on her phone as soon as she looked back down.

Jo got her camera out and played with some of the settings before snapping a few pictures of Taylor silently. Taylor didn't mind since the camera came out all the time, she knew there were thousands of pictures of her from the past three and a half years that Jo had taken.

"You gonna give me credits on this one?" Jo playfully teased once she realized Taylor had been inspired by the word she had last played in their game.

"No," Taylor chuckled, biting her bottom lip. Jo hurried to capture it, leaning back in the chair she had carried in from the living room earlier, "I think I'm going to ask Aaron Dessner to work on this with me."

"You have his number?" Jo asked curiously.

"Yeah," Taylor grinned with excitement. Jo gasped softly and shifted her legs.

"I didn't know that! Babe, that's awesome! I can't believe you kept him from me!"

"I need to work with him first before you can," Taylor stuck her tongue out at the brunette and looked back down at the piano, "Now hush! You're supposed to be quiet."

"But you're just so gorgeous I don't think I can be, I talk and you look up and I get more pictures of you," Jo mused, snapping another as Taylor glared at her playfully.