Chapter 69

Longer one since it's anniversary time, smut next chapter <3

There may not be an update for the next two weeks (but not for sure!) because I'm getting a new dog and have family coming from far away on top of working so I'll be busy but it's just a maybe right now!

September 26th, 2019 / September 27th, 2019

Knuckles rapped against the door of their Nashville apartment that Thursday morning. Jo had made sure she didn't have any tour dates over their anniversary so that she could surprise Taylor with a trip to the Lakes District over in the United Kingdom, but she had purposely had her team lie to Taylor about other things she had to attend in order to make it seem like they were going to have to celebrate later, when they were supposed to meet up in New York for Jo's break since it was where Taylor was scheduled to be.

She could have just used her keys but that would probably just scare the blonde, since no one except her mother had been inside in days. Taylor kept to herself in Nashville when it came to people in the apartment. Abby, her mom, security and the occasional friend entered, but no one except Jo, Charlie (from when she lived there), Andrea and Scott had keys anymore.

"Coming!" Taylor called out from inside. She had her apron on, a spatula in her hand and a bun in her slightly curly blonde locks. She wasn't expecting anyone, but the person must have gotten through security.

Jo took a deep breath and raised the bouquet of daisies up to present them. She heard the locks turn, and the door open, "Hi."

"Holy shit!" Taylor exclaimed, dropping the spatula onto the ground and reaching out to hug the brunette. Jo smelled exactly as she remembered, like home, and the daisies being crushed between them added a nice touch.

"You didn't think I would really miss our big day, did you?" The younger woman stumbled backwards with a soft laugh, combing her fingers over Taylor's back with the hand that was free.

"I didn't think you had a choice," Taylor explained, her voice cheerful and shocked, faltering her words a little, "I- I'm so fucking happy you're here."

"Are you burning something?" Jo pulled away from the hug as she smelt the charcoal like scent. Taylor gasped and let go of her, going back to the kitchen to take her eggs off the range and turn on the range fan.

"I was making eggs, I got a little distracted," the blonde chuckled as Jo followed her in. The flowers were set on the counter, more a gesture than a real gift since they would be departing soon.

"You wear an apron to make eggs? Since when?"

"It's just for fun! I don't know what to do with myself when I'm not working and I'm alone in this big apartment with a bunch of cats."

"Okay, stop creating a fire hazard. Go clean up and pack your bag and I'll clean up the kitchen. We're going to miss our plane if you don't go quickly, we'll get something on the way."

"Pack my bag?" Taylor looked at the brunette confused, although a smile threatened her lips, "Where are we going?"

"England. Pack a swimsuit, though. There's an outdoor and indoor pool and somewhere nice for you to read, so books. You'll also need your guitar, I doubt you want to use mine the whole time. Hiking shoes! Uhm, some dresses but not too fancy. You know what, I actually made you a packing list," Jo stopped talking and pulled her phone out of her jeans, "It's in my notes."

"How- how long have you had this planned?" Taylor was incredibly surprised by the whole ordeal.

"Uh—" Josephine scratched her head, thinking back over the past few months, "I think I started making plans in March, maybe April. Doesn't matter, go pack!"