Chapter 56

January 29th, 2019

"Is that them? Holy shit, that's a lot of people about to be in here," Jo bit her bottom lip worriedly. Taylor had talked her into having a 'secret session' of her own for her album coming out in a couple of weeks and Jo hadn't realized how many people they'd really invited.

Taylor picked them out for her when Jo said she didn't know how to pick people who wouldn't murder her. Jo just approved them and told Nicole who the social media team could invite. This one was in the New York apartment, there would be one in two days in Los Angeles, and a final one in Tennessee.

"Have fun!" Taylor picked up her glass on wine and left the room, going to hide for a few hours while Jo had her 'friends' over.

"Help," Jo widened her eyes when she saw more and more people getting out of the bus, "Taylor."

"I love you!" Taylor called as the door closed to the living space. She had a movie marathon picked out with her laptop to accompany her if she had the urge to check her email or stalk Jo fan pages on Instagram.

"Love you," Jo huffed out of her nose. She loved her fans, but she was also terrified of having them in their home. What if someone tried to steal the chandelier, or worse, what if someone tried to swing from the chandelier?

A few minutes later Jo could hear the clunking of a herd of footsteps, everyone trickling in. She was hiding in the other hallway with Nicole, going over what she could and couldn't say one more time.

"Got it," Jo stuck her fist out, expecting the publicist to return it.

"I'm not going to do that with you," the woman said flatly.

"C'mon," Jo nudged it towards her, "It's cool, you'll like it."

"Jo, I'm still not your babysitter."

"Please," Jo pouted. The publicist sighed, made a fist and bumped it against Josephine's with a disappointed look.

Jo stepped out of the hallway quietly, but heads turned instantly and she felt like a deer in headlights. She could perform in front of a sold out show, she could get mobbed by fans outside, but having so many people in their living room...

Jo gulped, raising her left hand in a motionless wave, "Hi, I'm nervous."

"Hi, Nervous! I'm Rory!" Someone had the audacity to reply, making Jo crack a smile. These were apparently the coolest things Taylor got to do, and she should try to enjoy it. It was just so many close up, beady little eyes and the room smelled of a toxic level of perfume that left her not finding the trickles of Taylor's in the air where she walked moments before like she usually could.

Jo took a deep breath and started talking and laughing and getting everyone hyped up. She did recognize some of these faces from tweets and concerts, so that was nice as well.

About a third into playing the new album for her fans. The door to the living room unexpectedly cracked open and a mysterious hand shoved through stiffly, "Can we help you?"

People laughed as it opened a little more, but not to an angle they could see the person. Jo could see Taylor's face though, doing that thing where her lip went to the side nervously.

"There is a couch and a table sitting outside the house and a very angry delivery man is mad that no one is there to sign for it and I need the email thingy from the company to give him the confirmation code so he will leave the front lawn," Taylor said within one breath.

"I forwarded you the email," Jo replied, resting her arms against her thighs as she leaned over.

"I can't find it, can I just steal your phone please?" Taylor finally just came in and revealed herself. The loud chatter and screaming probably disturbing the neighbours three blocks over.