Chapter 44

December 1st, 2017 / December 2nd, 2017

"So- so what if we had some news for you?" Jo stuttered while talking to the two publicists. They were both performing at the Jingle Ball in California that night, and she had gotten distracted by Taylor in the corner of her eye, applying a shade of lipstick she wanted to remove with her own lips.

They would be in California that evening, head to San Jose for Taylor's show the next day, a show in Chicago, a show in New York and the next week together for another Jingle Ball, another in England a couple days later.

Charlie was left home with Andrea and the pets, citing that she's seventeen and in a penthouse where two celebrities live and the urge to throw a party would likely be a great one.

This caught Taylor's attention, she had no idea what Jo was talking about but she did notice how the brunette made it sound like she'd accidentally impregnated her with some random person's baby by how nervous she sounded.

"Depends on what the news was..." Nicole trailed off suspiciously, her first thought was to look at both their hands and check for engagement rings, while Tree jumped to the worst conclusion.

"Did you break up?" The redhead asked, shocked.

"What? God no," Taylor chimed in, eating a French fry out of the little paper bowl she'd been given by Jo, who wandered the halls a little bit in search for food to feed her.

"Yeah, why would we willingly abandon my dressing room to share her's if we broke up?" Jo crinkled her face up in confusion, waving Tree off.

"What did you do then?"

"We made a sex tape," Jo announced quietly, "On accident."

"It was an accident," the blonde assured, "I left my laptop recording from something else."

Tree and Nicole both turned a stark shade of white, looking at each other quickly for some hope and prayer of guidance.

"It's deleted, trash emptied, all that... but blondie over there accidentally texted it to my sister, who has also deleted it since, but you know, it's in the air. The phone waves."

"You are the blondie, laptop was in your hands when you sent it to Charlotte," Taylor defended herself.

"It went from your laptop, though. Contact name read Taylor."

"Okay, it's deleted, good. If somehow it does end up somewhere, I need to know whether or not your faces are visible. Are you going to be able to be identified by decorations, things you said?" Tree finally stepped into charge, accepting that her worst nightmare was potentially happening.

Jo turned to Taylor, biting her lip, "Yup, at least three different angles of definitely seeing our faces, there's some awards in the- the living room and uhm, yup."

"Well shit," Nicole grumbled, pulling out her laptop to take notes. It was unlikely it would ever go anywhere, but stranger things had happened in her line of work.

"At least we're not breaking up," Taylor smiled awkwardly, shuffling over to Jo and wrapping her arms around her from behind the couch, a low contact kiss placed to the brunette's crown of head.

"Happy as ever, really, darling," Jo agreed. She took her left arm and raised it up to find Taylor's, giving it a gentle squeeze in return.

"Unfathomably in love with you," Taylor chuckled, escaping the grasp and shoving a fry in front of Jo's mouth instead.

Jo took the fry and hummed a thank you to the blonde, checking the time once again to see how long it was before either of them were due on stage. Jo was on directly after Taylor with a mutual song between, so she had time to watch some of her performance before she had to get ready from the sidelines.