Chapter 76

TW: Previous abortion and miscarriage. Be safe please please please, I love you guys so so so so so much and want you to be okay! <3

WARNING: THE COMMENTS ARE NOT A PRO-LIFE FRIENDLY SPACE. LET ME KNOW IF YOU SEE ANYONE BEING IGNORANT AND I WILL DEAL WITH IT (just @ me on the comment and I'll mute them, don't fuel the fire)

- Lex

March 27th, 2020 / March 28th, 2020

"Close the book and pretend you never saw it, please," Taylor begged again, her voice shaking.

Jo kept staring at it, holding the corner of the picture tightly between her fingers, "It's... it's you? Taylor?"

"It was," Taylor said, letting tears fall from her blue eyes, "A long time ago."

"Eight years," Jo finally looked up, her lip quivering when she saw the look on her girlfriend's face, "I- I don't understand, I just... I'm confused."

"I ended it," Taylor explained, the level of sound coming from her almost inaudible.

"Jesus," Jo felt tears in her eyes too, closing the notebook with the picture back where it belonged and rubbing the patch of skin under her nose.

"I don't want you to- to hate me for never telling you because I couldn't," Taylor cried, sitting down on the floor in front of Jo and reaching for the younger girl's hands, "I was in a bad place and I couldn't do it, not with him."

"I know," Jo sniffled, tightening her grasp on the blonde's palms.

"I lost one, too," Taylor cried harder, and Jo felt her heart shatter right then, seeing her love cry so harshly it looked painful. There was no reason for Jo to be upset other than the pain in Taylor's eyes.

She didn't know what to say, shocked by the sudden revelations. Taylor had never alluded to it, never seemed sensitive to the subject, and if she had never opened that notebook by mistake she may never have found out because it was obvious that Taylor wanted it buried deep down inside.

All Josephine Collins could do in that moment was pull Taylor closer as they cried together. She didn't know why she was crying, but she had to assume it had to do with how heavy the air felt around them, pushing down on their shoulders with every single breath into their lungs.

"I'm sorry," Jo whispered when she could finally speak. Taylor sniffled involuntarily, her body trying to regulate her breathing against her will.

She couldn't manage to speak, clinging onto Jo's t-shirt with a tight fist. She didn't know if she could say anything, something she had tucked so far into the back of her mind for so long coming up and boiling over.

"I'm sorry," the brunette whispered again, trying to slow her own breathing so Taylor could follow along, "Hey, come on, breathe with me."

Taylor tried, she inhaled deeply and tried to exhale when her body did another spasm to force her to regulate her breathing, "Jo-"

"It's okay," Jo murmured against Taylor's hair, noticing how her shirt was sticking to her skin because of Taylor's tears soaking it, "Let's do another one, okay? You ready? Breathe in... there you go, baby, breathe out for me."

Taylor calmed down after a few minutes, her eyes were still red and her cheeks stained with tears that the younger singer gently reached up to wipe away.

"Is this something you want to talk about or should I put it back on the shelf and not mention it again?" Jo asked very seriously, because she didn't know what to say or do, and she could only imagine how sensitive of a topic it was for the blonde.