Chapter 67

June 17th, 2019

"Two things," Jo started as she paced the living room of their Nashville apartment that sunny Monday morning, her rapid hand gestures a bit more exaggerated than usual, "First, in the Pride Month, you do not invite your girlfriend to be in your very gay, very obviously gay, music video. And second, you make me wait until the release to watch it! It almost feels homophobic!"

Taylor followed Jo with her eyes as she casually stood leaning against the countertop in the kitchen, "You almost done, babe?"

"Almost! And, what's even worse is you invited me to set with you, and I was there all day and you never once said 'Hey, honey! Here's an idea, why don't you press the button to set the trailer on fire!' It's homophobia, Taylor, I swear it," the brunette was finally still, proudly with her hands on her hips.

"Sweetheart, if you wanted to press the button that set the object very close to me on fire, you could've just said so," Taylor tried to hide her amusement by taking a sip from her mug but it was no use, Jo could see her smile from a mile away.

"It's not funny, you let freaking Ryan Reynolds in it before me," the younger girl pouted, crossing her arms like an angry child would before the crocodile tears began.

"Are you done now?" Taylor asked.

"Yeah," Jo sighed, flopping all her body weight down onto the couch, "It feels good to be dramatic once in a while."

"Apparently," the blonde chuckled, "And you're not in the video because I thought it would draw more attention to you, and at the time we filmed it, you were against the idea of that. If I had asked you, you would have felt like you had to oblige and then you would hate it."

"I hate when you're right, have I told you that before?" Jo glanced over at the blue eyed girl.

"Yes, you have," Taylor shook her head with a laugh. She loved Jo to bits, and she was overjoyed to finally get to share the You Need To Calm Down music video with her.

She came to sit down on the couch, Jo had queued it up up on the television already and had the remote in hand to press play. Jo rested her legs over Taylor's thighs, and the blonde's fingers traced over her shin's without a thought about it.

Taylor didn't look at the video once, she simply kept her eyes fixed on Jo who had the most dazzled expression she'd ever seen, her lips slightly parted after a short gasp, her eyes wide and focused. Eventually the smile turned into a grin, and Taylor felt the butterflies in her stomach begin to creep up on her.

"I wanna watch it again," Jo said as she laughed giddily, "I love the wig and the outfits and the randomness. It's so fruity."

"Fruity?" Taylor hummed, unsure if that was good.

"It's a new slang, means gay I think. I learned it on TikTok."

"It's a pretty gay music video about being gay."

"I feel like we've said gay a lot this morning."

"Technically speaking, I'm bisexual," Taylor said.

"Well technically, we're also cat ladies."

"Ew," Taylor scrunched up her nose before jokingly shouting, "Meredith?! You must go!"

"Shut up," Jo smacked Taylor's arm playfully, laughing and restarting the video.

Jo went down to the dance studio that afternoon for rehearsals, which they had already been doing for a few weeks since she got back from Paris. She liked this team more than her last, but she assumed someone had filled them in on what she was dealing with, because every so often one person would check in to make sure she was alright and suggest a break.