Chapter 103

July 22nd, 2021

For someone who swore they never wanted to get married at one point in her life, Jo really enjoyed it so far. Her new album was ready to be released at midnight, they'd spent a glorious week in Ireland settling into their new relationship title and she was just about to head home after stopping by Nicole's office to make sure everything was ready to go for the album release and virtual interviews.

There was one quick stop she had to make first which was to one of her favourite stores that definitely wasn't on the way, but was always worth the detour. She asked her security guard to pull up in front of it and he put the car in park, trailing behind her casually because there wasn't a reason to be on high alert.

She got what she needed from inside the store and gracefully took a picture with a fan who had recognized her despite the baseball cap and mask she wore.

The elevator doors opened and Jo entered the penthouse with a quick turn of her key, greeting Flynn who came running to the door. He'd missed them while they were out of town and he'd been following Taylor around like well, a puppy. Jo knew his presence meant the blonde must be close, kicking her shoes off messily and setting her keys back in the dish where they belonged.

"Hi, baby," Taylor said without turning around.

"Good morning, sleepyhead," Jo wrapped her arm around Taylor's waist from behind and used the other to hold the bouquet of roses above the sink where the singer was washing her cereal bowl out.

It was almost one o'clock that afternoon, but Jo could tell by the way Taylor had thrown her hair up and threw an oversized hoodie on that she'd not been awake all that long.

Taylor chuckled quietly, setting the bowl onto the drying rack and taking the bouquet with a smile, "You did not have to get me flowers!"

"I just wanted to make sure that my wife was surrounded with things almost as beautiful as her," Jo was obviously flirting, and Taylor loved it so much.

"I'm your wife," the bouquet was placed to the side without much thought, Taylor's arms lazily wrapped around Jo's neck shortly afterwards. The brunette's hands went under her butt, hoisting her up as she accepted a passionate kiss and sitting her on the small section of countertop in front of the sink.

Taylor winced at the movement, which made Jo freeze and pull back, "Are you okay? Did I hurt you?"

"I'm fine, I just have some cramps or a stomachache I think. It feels kind of weird, maybe too much time in bed with you," Taylor laughed softly, which only reassured Jo just enough to drop the terrified look on her face.

"Are you sure? Because you don't sound sure."

"I just need to have an easy day," the blonde pressed a kiss to Jo's mouth again before sliding off the countertop, wincing again.

"Uh, that's not normal," Jo was quite certain, her eyes raised suspiciously, "Are you feeling sick, babe?"

"No, I'm fine," Taylor insisted. Jo let her shoulders down with a sigh and demanded that the singer go lay down on the couch for a while and rest. Jo walked her wife over and put the throw blanket from the back of the couch over top of her, pressing a kiss to the protesting blonde's forehead.

"I'm gonna grab the thermometer, you feel kinda warm," Jo held the back of her hand to Taylor's skin.

"Josephine, I love you so much, but I'm just sore."

Taylor was not 'just sore', she was running a fever. Jo gave her one of the rapid Covid tests and it came back negative, which made them think it was likely the beginnings of a bad flu.