Chapter 42

I only have a couple more chapters with so much of Charlie in them planned, so try to hold on until we get through them lol, you all really seem to like her

-

October 23rd, 2017 / November 17th, 2017

Jo was still on tour, hours upon hours away from Charlie and Taylor, who were in Nashville. Taylor was still working on her slow but steady single releases, leading up to the album that would be out just shortly before Josephine returned home.

Taylor had spent the last week or so packing up Jo's things and having them shipped to Nashville from the Beverly Hills home, at least most of them, that is.

Charlie too needed her things moved, crammed in boxes into the guest bedroom that would be soon unpacked. She was starting her first day at her new school and was nervous as ever, an unusual trait for the teenager.

Taylor had her driven to school, promising Jo that she could take care of her little sister while she was away. Jo trusted Taylor and Charlie (Charlie less), so she didn't worry too much about it until she received a phone call while she was doing her sound check, the time zones making it lunchtime for the girls in Nashville.

"Hello?" Jo answered, an unknown number coming up on her screen.

"Hello, are you Charlotte Collins sister, Jo?" Someone asked on the other end of the line.

"Hey guys, kill it for a minute," the singer said to the band, walking off stage so it was quieter, "Yeah, what's up?"

"Are you able to come down to the school? It seems there was an altercation between her and another student," the secretary divulged, keeping her voice quiet to not disturb others in the administration.

"I'm not in town, can you please put her on the phone?"

It was a minute before Charlie's voice came through, "Hey."

"What the hell, Charlie? You're fighting on the first day? C'mon, we didn't move you out there to get into this crap," Jo sighed, wandering aimlessly to keep herself going, knowing that if she stopped moving she would get tired and lose focus.

"No, I wasn't fighting. The kids here are mean... someone slammed a cafeteria tray into my face," the teenager sniffled. In the office she was wearing a polo shirt that said the school's name on it, a loan to keep her out of a spaghetti stained light pink blouse.

"Oh my god, I'm sorry, kiddo. I'm gonna text Tay, she'll probably came get you. Give the lady her name and number, okay?" The older sibling pinched the bridge of her nose, feeling terrible that happened if it was the truth.

After the two finished speaking and the phone was hung up, Charlie said to the head secretary, "My other guardian is going to come to the school."

"What's their name? There's only your sister listed here, is it your mom or dad?"

"My Dad lives in Nevada, it's my sister's girlfriend, Taylor Swift," Charlie didn't even realize that sounded made up.

The woman laughed, shaking her head, "I need to know her real name to put down, it's an important form."

"Uhm..." Charlie awkwardly said with pasta sauce in her brown hair, "That's her real name."

The woman didn't find it as funny this time, telling Charlie to sit down and wait. Taylor came in with a hoodie and sunglasses about half an hour later, keeping her face down until she was secure in the office.

"Hi," Taylor smiled politely, placing her hands on the edge of the reception desk, "I'm here for Charlie."

She pulled her sunglasses and hood off, figuring it looked less shady if the woman could actually see her face. The woman's jaw fell slack, glancing at the teenager with a surprised expression, "She wasn't joking..."