Chapter 82

I got Covid for the first time friends :( but anyways that means you can have this a day early. See you on Friday!

June 5th, 2020

"There's a car in your blind spot," Jo warned the blonde as she sat in the passenger seat. Taylor was driving to give Jo a break but Jo was sweating buckets because of how nervous she was about it.

"I know, I'm okay," Taylor sighed, "I do know how to drive."

"You've spent the entire time you've had your license being chauffeured around like a princess, excuse me for being slightly on edge because of it."

Jo had reluctantly taken her girlfriend up on the offer to drive, but they were only an hour in and Jo was starting to regret her decision. The road trip was supposed to be fun, and she knew she needed a break because driving was wearing her out but Taylor's driving was just... not her favourite.

"We only have to get to Oklahoma City today so just don't speed and then we can get there, check in to the hotel and we'll be home tomorrow night," Jo rambled off, picking at her fingernails.

"I'm going five over to match the flow of traffic, Josephine. Just relax, please. I am begging you."

"I'll try to," Jo sighed, resting her elbow on the window ledge of the door and propping her head up. She hummed along to the radio to distract her mind, they hadn't even hooked up the Bluetooth to play from their phones yet because the coffee hadn't quite kicked in and it was too much effort.

About an hour later, Shake It Off began to play and Taylor decided to pull over since they were getting low on gas anyways, "Can you pump it and I'll take Flynn for a pee?"

"Sure," Jo said with a nod. She put her mask on first, followed by sunglasses and a hat. It made them almost unrecognizable unless someone was really close and looking, which was a big plus of the pandemic if there was one to be found.

Jo watched Taylor closely as the blonde took the dog over to the grass and waited for him to sniff around. She set the pump to auto-stop when full and checked on the cats, feeding them a few treats and making sure the little water dishes were full still.

The gas pump thumped to a stop and Jo set it back into the holder, printing the receipt and checking it to make sure everything was in order before she called over, "C'mon!"

"Okay!" Taylor tugged the leash slightly to indicate to Flynn that they were heading back to the car. The agile dog hopped into the backseat with ease, going for his water dish the second he was off the lead.

Taylor got into the driver's seat and pumped two shots of hand sanitizer onto her hand, rubbing it in before she turned on the ignition and pulled the shifter into forward.

At least what she thought was forward.

The SUV had gently tapped the car in the slot behind them by the time the singer's foot hit the brake instead of the gas.

"Taylor!" Jo panicked, looking at the somewhat angry looking woman pumping gas behind them.

"Shit," Taylor muttered under her breath, "How much cash do you have on you?"

"I don't know," Jo furrowed her eyebrows, "Maybe like two hundred bucks, at most."

"There's probably an ATM inside," the older woman opened the door and waved at the driver, who had already taken to inspecting the front end of her sedan, "Hi, I'm so sorry. Is it bad?"

"Just a little scratch," the woman sounded relieved. Jo stepped out of the front seat after grabbing their masks, handing one to Taylor before they got any closer, "Wait, are you Taylor Swift?"