Chapter 78

April 3rd, 2020 / April 4th, 2020

Jo entered their Los Angeles home very calmly, albeit she was over the moon excited. She had just helped Charlie get settled back into her apartment and Austin had left the day before, which meant only one thing in her mind.

They could finally have sex. It had been forever, so long in fact that Jo was fairly certain she'd finish if Taylor looked at her just so. They couldn't do it with their siblings in the house, the walls were too thin and the rooms were all next to each other.

That plan was demolished with a wrecking ball when she went into the living room and found Taylor sobbing.

"Hey," Jo rushed over and pulled her into a hug instinctively. She hadn't done anything stupid so she didn't think Taylor would refuse it, "What happened?"

Taylor pressed her head to the brunette's chest as she cried. Jo found her heart racing for a different reason that day, worried about what had brought Taylor to that level of crying. It was the same cry she'd seen at her worst moments, when she found out her masters were sold, when her Mom's scan came back not clear, the most gut wrenching screams and cries.

"Did someone die? Is your Mom okay?" Jo asked, she rattled off a few more questions which Taylor kept shaking her head to, "Did my Mom die?"

Taylor looked up at very Jo confused... slowly, with furrowed eyebrows, she nodded yes.

"Okay, you are listening," Jo whispered, holding Taylor closer again. She let her cry for a few more minutes, rubbing the blonde's back and humming quietly to distract their brains.

When Taylor had reached a point where she could comfortably speak, she explained, "Karlie was the one selling my secrets to Scooter."

"Oh my god," Jo mumbled against Taylor's hair. She'd never gotten a good vibe from Karlie but she'd never thought the model could be so low, "I'm sorry, honey."

"All those years of friendship... gone."

"You deserve better than that," the brunette said quietly, hoping that was okay to say.

"I- I just can't believe it," Taylor swallowed mid sentence, gaining her composure. She felt like she had cried so much recently her body might dry up.

The couple spoke for a while about what that meant and how Taylor was feeling. Karlie was a dangerous enemy of sorts to have, she knew a lot about their relationship, she had been in their homes, known Taylor's secrets. It was terrifying, but Taylor felt lighter.

She didn't understand why, Karlie was one of her best friends. She had long considered her to be like a sister, but she had betrayed her deeply and done it for money. It wasn't the first time a 'friend' did that but Taylor hoped it would be the last.

"I thought someone died when I walked into you screeching like that," Jo chuckled grimly as Taylor leaned against her frame. They were both staring out the window into the backyard, birds were perched by the bird feeder they had set up a few days before.

"Might as well have," Taylor reached for the younger singer's hand as she scoffed. Jo intertwined their fingers at the feeling but immediately squeezed it and let go.

"I need to pee," Jo answered Taylor's hurt look and the blonde leaned forward to allow the singer off the couch.

"Have fun," Taylor pouted.

"I'll be back in two minutes," Jo laughed, shaking her head, "Don't follow me."

"I wouldn't."

"Mhmm."