Chapter 96

Sorry it's late, I don't even have an excuse so blame lou idk

March 21st, 2021

When they left the country club, Jo asked if they could stop in to see Charlie again. Taylor had no issue with it, waiting for Jo to see if Charlie was home before she asked the security guards in the front seat to take them to her apartment complex instead of home.

"I can't believe we just booked a wedding venue for July," Taylor rested her head on Jo's shoulder. She squeezed her long legs to fit into the middle seat, enjoying Jo's arm that was around her shoulders immensely.

"We've got a shit ton to do," Josephine chuckled softly, "Outfits, invites, music, vows, theme. At least the venue does the food."

"You wearing a dress?" Taylor inquired, "I am."

"I will wear a dress," Jo confirmed, "I know you said you want a traditional-ish wedding, I'll wear a dress. Let our Dad's walk us down."

"I love you," Taylor turned her head and placed a kiss on Jo's lips. Soon thereafter, they arrived at Charlie's apartment complex and let security escort them to her door.

"Sup," Charlie opened the door and turned around, calling out, "Tom! Taylor and Jo are here."

"Tom's still here?" Jo asked softly. The English actor poked his head out of the living room and gave them a hello.

"He's staying here before he has to film in the UK again. It's easier, with Covid and stuff," the younger Collins sister shrugged casually, picking up the glass of water she'd been nursing for a while.

"I'll be out in a minute, just finishing up on the phone with my mum," he said as he walked into the bedroom and shut the door behind him.

Taylor and Jo made themselves comfy on the sofa as Charlie crossed her legs in the chair opposite them, "Don't look at me like that, Jo. He's nice and normal and for a change he actually makes me laugh. Get a drink if you want one, I'm not a good host."

"I didn't give you a look," Josephine smiled softly hearing how happy her younger sister sounded, "Tay and I booked a venue today."

"Oh yeah? For when?" Charlie asked. She leaned forward and set her glass on the coffee table, replacing it with the small glass bowl of pretzels.

"July," Jo told the girl calmly.

"Shit, that's soon," Charlie widened her eyes, looking back and forth between the couple in front of her.

"Yeah," Taylor hummed affirmatively. She reached across the coffee table and stole one of Charlie's snacks, popping it into her mouth before she sat back down. Jo's arm looped around her as she did, settling into the sofa.

They talked idly for a few minutes before Charlie got up and got another snack, "You want something?"

"You're high," Josephine said with a laugh, noticing how Charlie had breezed through her first snack and went for the next. Her eyes were a little red, her voice a bit lighter than usual.

"Yeah, so? I'm in my home. My boyfriend's high too, it's Sunday and we have a lot of work coming up. I'm an adult, and it's legal!"

Taylor snickered at the young actress before looking at Jo who had kept a smile on her face, "You're in your home with your boyfriend."

"Ugh, my baby is all grown up," Jo stood up and walked towards Charlie. She dramatically cupped the girl's cheeks and pinched them like the creepy aunt.

"Stop," Charlie groaned, pushing Jo's hands away with a laugh.

Tom had come out of the bedroom at that moment, looking at the siblings with confusion. Taylor hid her chuckle well, covering her mouth as Jo's cheeks reddened slightly at the realization the man had joined them.