Chapter 50

March 7th, 2018

"They're here!" Jo came buzzing into the living room quite early one morning, a specially marked package in her hands. She grabbed a knife from the wooden block on the counter and jabbed it into the tape, slicing it open as quickly as possible.

"Bye! Love you!" Charlie said as she was walking out the door Jo had just came through, heading off to school.

"Love you!" Jo replied, pulling up the tape as hastily as she possibly could. She opened the box and removed the bubble wrap, Taylor coming over to see what her girlfriend was all giddy about.

"Oh, this package... the same one you've been waiting on for over a month now," Taylor teased, resting her chin on Jo's shoulder from behind.

Jo would go to the lobby every morning in her pyjamas and ask their doorman if any packages had arrived, and every single day he would say 'Miss Collins, when your high priority package arrives, you shall be the first to know.'

Jo made it down there today just as he was picking up the phone to let her know there was a large box with her name on it waiting for her.

"It's my Grammy's," Jo hummed, pulling out the first one. Taylor helped her unravel them one by one, making room on the shelf next to her own.

"Okay, so your seven next to my ten looks good, right?" Taylor stood back, placing her hands on her hips to make sure they were properly separated an equal distance apart.

"I think when I get three more, it'll look even better," Jo smiled, teasing Taylor with a playful elbow nudge, "Balance out the shelf."

"Mhmm," Taylor's eyes grew smile lines even though she was fighting it, "Lucky shit."

"I'm talented," Jo replied.

"Yeah, you are."

Half an hour later, Jo was opening the car door down on the parking level for Taylor. The blonde had tour rehearsal to attend, and so she was going to drive her there to be a sweet girlfriend.

Jo drove up to the gate and tried to use her keycard to open the door that let them out of the building, "Tay, it's still not working."

"They probably haven't activated it yet," the singer huffed, digging through her bag to give Jo her card, "Here, babe."

"Thank you," Jo raised her sunglasses up to the top of her head so she could see the screen better, inserting the card and retrieving it once the barrier opened.

"What are you doing today?" Taylor picked up her coffee from the cupholder and took a sip, eyes switching back to Jo.

"Probably going to be at home," Jo shrugged to play up her lie, "Don't know."

"I'll be home for dinner, if you and Charlie want to order in," Taylor suggested. Her left hand went towards Jo's thigh as the brunette rounded a corner, steadily applying warmth through her touch.

"Maybe we could have your Mom over tonight, it's been a while since we've had dinner with her."

"I'm sure she'd love to come, I'll talk to her later about it."

"I'll ask her," Jo offered, waiting for the stoplight to turn green, "You're busy, I've got time today."

"Thanks," Taylor smiled, looking down at her lap as she realized this was the first time one of her partners had offered to do such a thing. Usually her parents were avoided as much as possible because it was 'intimidating' or 'weird'.

Fifteen minutes after Jo dropped Taylor off, shouting an extra 'I love you' out the window as she watched the blonde go to the door, she pulled up at Andrea's house.