Epilogue

I'm sorry... but check out my new book 'I miss you, I'm sorry' which is out now! It's a different kind of story where each chapter is based on a song... and it's only 13 chapters long so you don't have to muddle through 104 parts of fluff haha!

I love y'all, thanks for everything. I hope this has the happy ending you will enjoy, I've run out of things to say about this couple so it ends here lol

- lex

September 28th, 2026

Jo set a box down in the living room and stood up straight in an attempt to get her back to stop feeling so tired from moving things in. The day before was when she and Taylor had picked up the keys to their new forever home in Nashville, only a few homes down from the house Andrea lived in. They had just put the penthouse on the market that morning once all the boxes and things were finally out and were moving a few boxes that the movers had misplaced around.

"Honey, where do you want me to put all the notebook boxes?" Taylor poked her head in to ask her wife. They still had the binder that kept track of all of the lyric books they owned, it had been condensed quite a lot over the last few years, however. Jo still liked the organization, and she kept it next to Taylor's old binder of wedding ideas.

"Can you put them in my office?" Jo replied as she walked towards the blonde. Taylor nodded and was just about to resume her current task when Josephine added, "Hey, stop."

"What?" Taylor asked, turning back around to face the brunette.

"I want a kiss," Jo mumbled. Taylor's cheeks crept into a smile before she obliged the younger woman's request. It was their ten year dating anniversary after all and although they happened to be moving on it, they still felt the waves of nostalgia for their young relationship coming through.

"I love you," Taylor said after she pulled away. It wasn't a very long kiss but it was special, just about the same length as the one they had shared in the car the first time their lips ever connected.

"I love you," Jo instinctively smiled and blushed just enough to be noticeable. Taylor pretended not to realize as she picked the box she had once been carrying up the stairs. Jo took a second to admire her wife, Taylor's hair falling into curls that it hadn't in a few years. She loved seeing it fall over her shoulders and tangle itself at the ends.

"When you get a second, can you come upstairs and help me unpack some of the stuff we're going to need until we have the chance to get everything away?" Taylor asked while rounding the curve in the staircase.

"I'll come up right now," Jo agreed. Their main goal was to get as much stuff away by that evening when they had some family coming over to celebrate their new home with them. Charlie and Tom had gotten married that summer and Andrea had been cancer free for a few years, so things had been more than good lately and they were excited for the new chapter they had just begun in their lives together. Even Melissa, Cas, Dylan and Elliot had been doing well.

Life was really wonderfully good to them.

Josephine entered the bedroom and used a box cutter to slice the tape on one of the boxes, "So many clothes."

"They're all clean so just release the vacuum seal and they can go into the closet or the dresser," the blonde said as she began to do the same to a different box, "I'm worried a lot of this stuff isn't going to even get used."

"I'd rather have too much than not enough," Jo said while shoving pair after pair of socks into the dresser drawer organizer, "We're gonna donate it after anyways."