Chapter Fifty- Two

3rd POV

The day was going pretty well, it was noon and there hadn't been any fighting or bodily harm and very minimal threats (most towards Kol) being fired. In anyone's book, it's a win so far! They had gotten most of Lizzie's list done and we're now enjoying the more relaxing part of it. Getting their nails done!

The girls were excited to be able to sit and chat while getting pampered while most of the men were just happy to finally sit and rest from carrying multiple bags each. (Unless your Kol who decided he wanted to be pampered too and was currently getting a pedicure and manicure next to his wife).

The girls were excitedly talking about how everything was coming together and how great the party planning was going. Davina, Freya, Keelin, and Rebekah were catching up on the baby news from Freya and how Davina and Kol were doing. While Kol and Kenna were whispering to each other secretly as the best friend duo should.

"I don't get why you're keeping this a secret from Ric, Bear. He would be able to help you with understanding everything and what to do next." Kol whispers to Kenna while checking out his new manicure.

"I know he would, and he would be amazing, but then he would want to involve the kids, and it would be the right thing to do but I don't want to distract them right now. Hope is the priority right now and making sure this is the best birthday she's ever had. She needs it right now, Kol." Kenna explains.

"That's true, but you know if you explained it and that you wanted to keep it between just the two of you till we get through the party he would support it," Kol says as she nods agreeing with her best friend.

"I think you're just afraid, you're afraid that if you tell someone else that it'll be real and you'll have to face the truth and have to actually do something with this information," Kol smirks at his best friend being able to read her.

"I did tell someone, I told you!" She exclaims as he rolls his eyes.

"That doesn't count, I'm your best friend," Kol says as Kenna groans lightly. "You can do it, I believe in you." he mocks as she chuckles.

"This is a good thing, Ken, it's your birth father!" Kol says quietly.

"My birth father that I didn't even know existed, who doesn't know that I exist! Who doesn't need to be sucked into my crazy supernatural life." She says as he takes her hand in his giving it a warming squeeze.

"He would love you, Kenna Forbes, any person would be crazy not to want you in their life." He reassures her as she smiles at him.

"Thanks, Koala. What would I do without you?" She smiles as he chuckles.

"Let's hope you never have to find out, again." He says making her laugh and bringing curious looks from their families around them looking at the laughing pair.

"What are you two laughing about over there?" Emery asks curiously.

"Your uncle just reminded me how we became best friends," Kenna says changing the subject for them.

"Oooh, are we ever going to be able to hear that story?" Lizzie asks excitedly.

"Maybe when you're older, love," Kol says teasingly making the teens groan and the adults laugh at their reaction.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once the group had finished off Lizzie's list and finished off their pampering they headed over to The Grill to get a late lunch at that point in the day. Kenna was happy that the two groups were getting along and able to be courteous with one another instead of instigating arguments. This gave her hope that they would be able to make it through the day and hopefully Hope's Birthday party without any trouble.

The group was sitting together with the multiple tables that they had put together in able to have enough space for all of them to chat amicably, all exhausted from the errands of the day. Kenna looks over at her family smiling as she sees their happy faces. Ric and Kol doing their usual joking around with each other, and Davina, Keelin, Freya, and Rebekah still talking about baby names. Klaus and Elijah talking about who knows what quietly while looking at their youngest brother joking around with RIc, Hope, Lizzie, Josie, and Emery going over Lizzie's binder and making sure that every last detail is complete, and her two boys taking after their father and uncle messing around with each other and bothering their sisters.

"Hope, are you happy with how the party is looking? Is there anything that you'd like that's missing?" Kenna smiles talking to the girl lightly as she smiles brightly at the woman.

"It's absolutely perfect, I still can't believe it actually, I'm not used to something so big so I'm actually a little nervous." Hope smiles and turns shy thinking about how big the party is ending up.

"You'll love it, it's a few minutes of attention during the beginning and cake time but other than that everyone will be dancing and having fun, as will you," Kenna says helping Hope's nerves as she nods thinking back to how much fun she had at Josie's and Lizzie's party. Hope goes back to the girl's conversation as Kenna looks over the group seeing Klaus looking over to her. He smiles and nods at her in thanks before returning to his conversation with Elijah.

Kenna is a little shocked but extremely happy hoping that maybe Klaus is finally over everything and realized that it was time to stop the arguing and trying to get everything the way he had imagined things when he moved back to town.

"Hey, Ken, what do you think of the name Conner?" Davina asks looking over to her.

"It's cute, is it on the list?" Kenna asks excitedly.

"Not yet, we're still looking through both girl and boy names looking for a first name," Davina smiles over to Kol as he looks at her smiling with a look of love and excitement.

"We've got the middle name picked out already though, girl or boy," Kol smiles with a smirk as everyone looks at the couple excited.

"Oh my gosh, what is it? You've also got to let me see your potential names list!" Lizzie says making the couple smile.

"Both names are a surprise, we don't want to jinx it." Davina smiles as the group nods in understanding.

"And of course, you'll get a chance to look over the list, you think we'd name our child before getting the Lizzie Forbes-Saltzmans opinion," Kol says making Lizzie smile at the table and chuckle at Kol's usual tactics.