Chapter Twenty Four

Kenna's POV

Its been a good week so far, the kids have been actually good and have been getting along with Hope. Alaric and I are closer than ever, which has put both of us in great moods that everyone in the school has begun to notice.

There also hasn't been a run-in with Klaus which I have been extremely grateful for. I decided to go out for lunch to the grill and bring back some food for Ric and me for our lunch break.

"Hey could I get the usual lunch for Ric and me?" I ask the waiter as he nods and I stay standing by the bar.

I can feel eyes on me, I turn around to see that Klaus is here, surprisingly alone.

"Well hello there, love?" He says coming over to me.

"Not now, Klaus. I'm just trying to get some lunch." I say not wanting to make a scene.

"Why don't I join you?" He says with his usual smirk that would always make me smile but now it's different.

"No, thank you, it's to go," I say.

"That's a shame, I was hoping to catch up. Maybe talk a little about us."

"There is no us anymore, please Klaus, don't do this," I say as the waiter comes back with the to go bag.

"Thank you," I say handing him money and starting to walk out, with Klaus right behind me at this point.

I put the bag into the passenger seat and when I turn to get to the driver's seat I'm blocked by Klaus.

"Come on, Kenna, you can't mean to tell me that you have no feelings for me anymore. That you have moved on from our epic love." He says looking into my eyes.

"Klaus what we had was beautiful but it's over, has been for years, you have to let it go."

"See that's something I can't do, I can't lose you, especially to another man that does not deserve you." He says making me upset.

"He deserves me way more than you ever did! He has never broken my heart but has put it back together and has stuck by me through everything." I say as he looks angry.

"I didn't want it to come to this, Kenna. You will forget about this infatuation you have with Alaric Saltzman and will remember all the love you held for me. You will love me and I will love you. We will be happy together again." He compels me I look into his eyes and I don't even see the same man that I fell in love with all those years ago, he's changed.

"I will love you and only, we will be happy," I say as he smiles.

"Good, now go to work, break up with Alaric and bring our children and yourself to my home later for a family dinner." He compels me more as I nod and head for the driver's seat.

"I will see you tonight, love." He says kissing my cheek as I nod.

Once I'm out of ear shots and driving to the school I let out the tears. I can't believe he would try to compel me, to take away my rights to my own actions. What he doesn't know is that because I'm an elemental witch, one of the strongest witches alive, I can't be compelled.

I get to the school and rush to the office with my face down not wanting anyone to see my tears. I walk into my office to see Ric and all the kids there. I'm still crying and they look at me and all rush to my side.

"Mommy what happened?" Lizzie asks as everyone gets into a group hug.

I can't answer still crying and afraid, I can't believe it but I'm actually afraid if he compelled me what else would he do.