Chapter Forty-Five

Emery's POV 

"He did what?!" I yell standing up getting ready to go and kick Klaus' ass. 

"Sweetie, your mom is handling him, I don't want you guys to worry, especially tonight. You kids are taking the day off, right?" Dad says checking over the twins. 

"I'm not saying no to a day off, pops." Jace says laying on the bed next to me as we laugh.

"I'm so sorry everyone. I don't know what's going on with my parents especially my mom." Hope says. Poor Hope she gets to a new place that she loves and all her parents do is make it harder for her. 

"You have nothing to apologize for, Hope." Mom says coming into the room heading to the twins to check them over. 

"I do, if it wasn't for my family coming into town, you guys wouldn't have to deal with everything." She says as I shake my head and go to sit next to her. 

"If you and your family hadn't come into town we wouldn't have met you. You're our sister, Hope. We'll figure everything else out." I say as she smiles brightly. 

"I don't want you guys to worry, I talked with him and I think everything is going to be okay. Rest today and we'll figure everything out." Mom says pointing to herself and dad. 

"Girls, my babies, I need you to know that I love you two. I love you all so much! You're my daughters, no matter what. I'm sorry that you had to hear that, you two and Alec are my children, no matter what. Always remember that." Mom says as Josie and Lizzie nod with smiles hugging her along with Alec. 

"Thanks mom." Josie says as both mom and dad hug and kiss each of us before heading out leaving us. 

"So, how about a lazy day? We get into comfy clothes and watch movies all day?" I ask as the girls nod and smile. 

"You girls set it up, Alec and I will join you soon." Jace says as he stands. 

"We'll be back soon." Alec says as he and Jace give us each a kiss on the forehead before leaving the room. 

"Looks like it's just us for now." Josie says. 

"I get to pick the movie!" Lizzie says as we giggle. 

Jace's POV

"I know that look, where are we going?" Alec asks as we head out of the school gates. 

"To talk to Klaus, he's hurt our family too many times. If he does anything like this again, I will end him." I say still upset that he would try and hurt the twins. 

"I'll help." Alec says making me chuckle as I get into the drivers side and start the car. 

"You didn't let me win you to drive." Alec mumbles as we leave the school. 

"I needed to drive. Blow off steam before getting there so I don't kill him." I say as he nods still huffing a little. The two of us have the tradition of fighting for the keys to the car with both of us wanting to drive. He smirks looking over to me. 

"I get to drive next time without a fight, deal?" He says as I chuckle and nod. 

On the way I can tell Alec is trying to calm me down with his jokes but I'm not angry. I'm tired, tired of having to worry that my family isn't safe from Hayley and her hatred or from Klaus' jealously. He said he had a right to get to know my sister and I but all he's done is cause us pain without once trying to get to know us truly. 

We accepted Hope, I love her just as much as my other siblings and it just took getting to know her and accepting her. So why can't he accept that my mother is happy, that Hayley hates us all, and that we see Alaric as our father. We could one day get over our stubbornness and want to get to know our biological father but instead he's making it harder for us to want to know him. 

Once we get to the mansion Alec finally stops telling his cheesy jokes to look over to me a final time. 

"Are you okay? Do you know what you want to say?" He asks as I nod knowing what I need to say. 

We walk up and knock with the door being opened by Rebekah as she gives us a small smile probably feeling awkward about what happened earlier. 

"Boys, please come in." She says opening the door wider and stepping aside. We thank her as we walk into the living room to find Elijah, Klaus, Marcel and Hayley who's still dead on the couch. 

"Alright listen up because I don't want to have to repeat any of this." I say as Alec stands to my right a little behind me to show that he was there for me. Klaus and Elijah stand in front of us while Marcel heads to stand next to Rebekah. 

"Look, my sister and I are stubborn, mom says we get that from you. We say we don't want to get to know you right now and it's true, it's how we feel but that doesn't mean later I won't have questions for you or want to know more." I start as Klaus looks to me with hope in his eyes. 

"We hate you because of what you did to mom but she let that go a long time ago, the reason now is because of everything you've done since coming back. You're putting my family in danger and I won't have that. If you want to one day be in our lives, what has happened today and these past weeks can never happen." I say as he nods sadly looking over to Hayley on the couch. 

"We accepted Hope because she stuck it out, she stood by as we hated her and kept trying to get to know us and in the process we got to know her. You didn't do that. You wanted this perfect family with us and mom that you'll never get." I continue as a single tear leaves his eye hopefully finally accepting that mom will never go back to him. 

"My family is happy, my mom and dad are finally together and in love, we have aunts and uncles who love us and another sibling that we love. If you want to be a part of the life that we have you can't be a danger to us." I finish as he looks to me confused along with Elijah. 

"What do you mean?" He asks. 

"Her," I say pointing to Hayley, "She is a danger to my family, to my mom and now my sisters. If she ever comes near us or the school I will kill her, permanently. I don't care if Elijah cares for her or that she's Hopes mom. I will kill her if she hurts my family." I say as he nods. 

"She won't be a problem, I give you my word." Elijah says. 

"Your word means nothing to me, I know how you all are. I mean it. This isn't a light threat that will go away if she sucks it up. She will always have a hatred for my family and that makes her an enemy." I say as Klaus nods finally understanding. 

"I can promise you that she will never hurt your family. I will make sure she stays far away and no harm from her comes to any of you. Hope may want to keep seeing her mother but it won't be anywhere near any of you. I promise this and I won't break it." He says as I nod with some relief thinking that he has finally seen the truth. 

"I hope you don't. Now if you'll excuse us our sisters are waiting for us." I say as Alec and I turn around and leave the house. Once were finally on the road and heading back to the school Alec lets out a breath.

"Woah, that was awesome. Like in an inspirational way not a badass 'im going to kill you' way which is new for you." He says making me laugh. 

"Thank you?" I question not knowing if it was a compliment. 

"You're very welcome, brother of mine." He says as we just laughed and continue the journey home to spend the day with our siblings.