Chapter Thirty

3rd POV (Same day as last chapter)

The Forbes-Saltzman family along with Kol and Davina are sitting in the living room trying to calm down after the fiasco that they just went through. 

"Are you guys okay?" Kenna asks her children as they all sit together cuddled up. 

They chuckle looking to their mom, "We should be asking you that." Josie says.

"I'm alright, just happy that it's over and I no longer have to pretend to be in love with him, I just hope that they don't cause problems for us anymore." Kenna says as Ric puts his arm around her as comfort. 

"If I know my brother, he'll be mad for a while probably lash out hopefully not on you all. Then he'll realize what he's done which is become a drama queen, regret it and apologize which usually means placing blame anywhere he can." Kol says as everyone chuckles at his explanation. 

"If he even tries to lash out at us we'll put him in his place." Jace says as his siblings nod along. 

"Alright, lets not get ahead of ourselves, lets just hope that he gets over himself." Kenna says. 

"Lets call it a night everyone, you all need your rest, you have school tomorrow and you two have your classes." Ric says as everyone nods. 

"We should get going then, ready sweetie?" Davina says standing up. 

"It's late you guys and you'll probably get mixed up in some drama if you head home, do you two just want to stay here tonight?" Kenna asks Davina and Kol. 

"Are you sure? If its not too much of a bother." Davina says as Kenna smiles. 

"Of course, you two are not a bother. You guys can stay in the guest room and we can all head to the school together, tomorrow." Kenna says as they thank her. 

"We'll show you to the room." Lizzie says and she grabs Josies hand forcing her up as they lead the pair upstairs.  

"We should get to bed, goodnight mom and dad." Alec says as he and the twins kiss their parents goodnight and head upstairs. 

"Ric, thank you." Kenna says once everyone is upstairs and she turns to face Ric on the couch. 

"For what, baby?" 

"For being there for me, you're always there to comfort me, keep me sane and love me no matter what. I love you, Alaric." 

"I love you too, Ken, I'll always be here for you just like you're always here for me and the kids. I fell in love with you and continue to everyday." Ric says as Kenna smiles at him. 

She leans forward and gives him a soft yet passionate kiss putting all her love into it. The kiss begins to intensify leaving the two breathless once they separate. 

"I would say lets take this upstairs but the kids are probably still awake." Ric says smiling at her and pulling her in for another kiss. 

"Good thing our room is sound proof." Kenna says smirking at him as he smiles standing up bringing her with him. 

"Then what are we waiting for!" Ric says carrying Kenna upstairs and towards their room as she laughs.

The Next Day 

"MOM, DAD GET UP!" Kenna and Ric hear shouting from outside their bedroom. 

"You two have five minutes to get out of the room or I will barge in there! And I really don't want to be scarred for life so please hurry!" Emery yells from the hallway.