Chapter Forty-Four

3rd POV 

"Stop lying, Hope! You don't lie on your own, they told you to lie and say that didn't they?" Hayley says standing her ground.

"No! Nobody forced me to do anything. Mom, you need to stop, I'm finally making friends and feeling welcomed and with other my age that understand me! Stop ruining it with your vendetta against Kenna!" Hope says crying a little tired of her mothers actions and hatred towards the woman.

"You guys don't get it! You're all under her spell, she's a literal witch!" She says.

"That's it! Listen here, whore. You don't get to speak about my mother like that! Just because you're jealous she doesn't have to open her legs for people to love her doesn't give you the right to talk about her like this!" Josie says shocking her family and the Mikaelson's.

"Shut up! You're not even her daughter!" Hayley says as the family is shocked by her words except for Lizzie who is pissed.

She doesn't even feel herself start shaking from the anger along with Jace who holds her hand feeling her siphoning from him. Lizzie starts using her powers giving her aneurysms causing her to yell in pain and fall to the floor. Blood starts to leak out of  her mouth, nose, and eyes as Josie starts to perform a spell on her while siphoning from Alec.

"Girls, please stop." Kenna says as her and Ric try to get to their side to stop them but seeing the look in their eyes know that what she had said had affected them. Elijah and Klaus are yelling at Kenna asking her to stop them with Rebekah and Marcel looking at the scene sadly, not for Hayley but for the twins.

"Kenna! Stop them now!" Klaus yells trying to stop himself from transitioning and stoping the two himself. He looks over to his daughter who is looking at her mother in horror but not doing anything to help her knowing the twins wouldn't go too far. Klaus doesn't see that and instead starts to transition. 

He rushes over ready to attack and get the twins to stop. Jace sees this and realizes what was going to happen and when Klaus rushes to attack the girls he transitions and attacks him back pushing him towards the wall. Jace holds him up against the wall by his throat as the wind gets knocked out of Klaus not expecting Jace to attack.

The twins are shocked to see that Klaus was ready to attack them and stop the spell as Lizzie snaps her fingers snapping Hayleys neck. Alec hurriedly pushes the twins behind him ready to protect them if anyone else attacks or Klaus gets out of Jace's grip. Kenna and Ric rush over to be in front of their kids as Kenna glares at the man and Ric stands in front of his family protectively both ready to protect their children.

"You were going to attack them?!" She yells as Klaus coughs trying to get some air into his lungs.

"They were going to kill her!" He tries to get out as Jace growls.

"No, they weren't! They were upset about what mom said like any person but they aren't killers!" Hope says walking to their side looking at her father with sad eyes.

"Hope..." He croaks as she shakes her head.

"I don't even know who she is anymore, she's changed so much, don't let her change you too. You're losing me, you lost Kenna, Kol, Davina, Freya, Keelin, your losing Rebekah and Marcel. You said you wanted to get to know the twins but all you've done is cause them pain!" Hope says with tears in her eyes not understanding whats happening with her parents.

"Dad, you've got to let her go." She says referring to her mother.

"Let go..." Klaus whispers out to Jace as he growls but let's him go throwing him to the ground as he backs up to stand by his parents and in front of his siblings.

"I don't want to lose my family, I do want to get to know the twins, I want to be in their lives. Hayley is just going through something , she'll get over it." He says as the group shakes their heads.

"Brother, the look in her eyes when she spoke about Kenna, it was pure hatred." Elijah says finally letting himself see that the woman he had come to love was different than he thought.

"We're you seriously going to attack two 16 year old girls?" Marcel says looking to Klaus along with Rebekah.

"I wasn't going to kill them, just stop them." Klaus says looking to Jace as he scoffed.

"Why'd you have to transition to do that? You could have hurt them!" Kenna says upset.

"We have told you before but this time we mean it. You stay away from my family! I'm the first born and will always protect my baby sisters no matter what. That includes Hope. I will protect my brother, my parents, aunt and uncle even from you. Leave and don't ever try to hurt my family again, I don't care if you're my biological father, I will kill you." Jace says.

Kenna puts her hand on his shoulder to comfort him knowing that he was just angry hoping that one day things will be better. Alec along with Lizzie and Josie smile agreeing with their brother standing behind him proud. Hope smiles with some tears in her eyes finally seeing how they have accepted her. Ric smiles towards his son, proud of him for being so strong and welcoming to someone he knew took them a while to let in.

"Jace, honey, calm down. Can you let your father and I talk to them. Check on Emery." Kenna says mentioning his sister knowing it'll calm him down. The kids nod as Lizzie walks over and takes Jace's hand calming him more as they walk towards the girls room. Josie looks towards Hope who looks to her father before giving him a small smile before heading to Josie and Alec as they follow the two blondes.

"Could you all give us a minute?" Kenna asks the rest of the group. They nod as Elijah picks up Hayley and leaves the school along with Rebekah and Marcel who both apologize too Kenna and Ric before walking out.

"I'll be with the kids if you need me." Ric says giving her forehead a kiss before leaving to check on the kids.

"Kenna..." Klaus says not knowing how to start the conversation.

"No, Niklaus, let me speak." She says as he nods seeing the serious look in her eyes.

"When you came back I was afraid of what you would do especially after you tried to compel me, I thought you would hurt Alaric but one thing I didn't want to believe is that you would hurt my children. I thought even though you have changed, one thing you would never do is hurt a child. Today, you proved me wrong. You always seem to prove me wrong. I thought that after the dinner, you would come to your senses and see that you were losing your family because of a woman who doesn't care for you. And you proved me wrong, you instead still stand by her, to the point that you would attack two teen girls, my girls! I don't want to see you anywhere near me or my family. I hope that one day you come to your senses and see that you're being blinded by someone who is using you because I would hate for you to lose your family again, to lose your daughter, and I would hate for the twins to not be able to get to know the man that I once loved. I hope you don't prove me wrong again." Kenna finishes with a sigh as he looks to her with a few tears in his eyes. 

"Kenna, I won't prove you wrong, I promise." He says as she gives him a small smile. 

"Don't promise that to me, you have a history of breaking our promises too." She says sighing before turning away and walking away from him and towards her family waiting for her. 

Klaus walks out towards the small group waiting for him. Elijah putting Hayley in the backseat looking at her with disappointed eyes. Marcel holding on to Rebekah who's leaning on him for support. 

"What now, Nik?" She asks seeing her brother with a determined look on his face. 

"I want to know the twins, I lost Kenna but I want the chance to be able to know our two children she raised." He says as Rebekah smiles at him finally seeing the older brother she loves. 

"It's going to take a lot to get them to trust you and want to know us." Elijah says as Klaus nods. 

"I'll do anything, they are our blood, Hope's siblings, my heirs."