Chapter Twenty Nine

3rd POV 

To Kenna her children and Alaric mean everything to her. She would do anything for them and to keep them safe. She would love the family she has built forever no matter what happened or what they were going through. 

When she found out about Klaus moving back to town she was afraid that things would change, that he would hurt her children, her family. She hated having to act compelled and pretend to be back in love with Klaus, him taking away her own choice made her think of him extremely differently. It wasn't the man she used to know and love, he was different. 

She was different. She loves another that makes her feel complete and loved. Someone that was a father to her children even those he wasn't related to. She was in love with Alaric Saltzman. 

A man that she grew to love and care for and that wants the best for her, that cares for the family they have built together just as much as she does. Together they have finally gotten what they both have wanted and wished for. Love, family, happiness, fulfillment. 

"KENNA!" The family separates from their group hug to the yelling and hard knocking coming from Klaus outside their door. They were sure if it wasn't for the spell on the door the door wouldn't be there anymore. 

"Alright, stop banging on my door!" Kenna says swinging open the door to come face to face with a furious looking Klaus. 

"Let us in." He says with a clenched jaw looking at her seriously.

"No, if you want to talk it'll be outside." She says as he glares. 

"Why won't you just let us in?" 

"This is my family home and they are safer with you all not being invited in so if you want to talk it will be outside."

"Why are Kol and Davina allowed in?" Rebekah asks not to far behind Klaus. 

"Because I decided to invite them in, I trust them." Kenna say as Rebekah nods. 

"You don't trust me?" Klaus asks.

"No, Niklaus I do not trust you anywhere near my family." 

"We are your family!" 

"No, this is my family, and you have to accept that." 

"I will not, You are a Mikaelson along with Jace and Emery and you will choose us and come with us to where you belong. At home with me." Klaus says as I roll my eyes. 

"I would never choose you over my family, over my children and Alaric." Kenna say as he looks to her hurt and confused along with the rest of his family. Do they know he compelled me? she thought. 

"Kenna, I told you to leave him and never speak to him again, to love me." He says.

"I wouldn't leave the man I love." she say as he looks hurt and confused.

"But...I..." 

"You compelled me Klaus, but the one thing you didn't know is that I can't be compelled, I'm an elemental our kind can't be compelled." She say as he looks shocked along with his family. 

"This whole time? You were just pretending?" 

"Yes, I was afraid that you would hurt my family and I was hurt that you would even stoop to that level of taking away my own choice." 

"I didn't have a choice you weren't talking to me or listening. I had too." He says as his family looks to him disappointed and Kennas family disgusted. 

"There is always another choice. You should have respected my wishes instead you made it worse." I say. 

"I love you, Kenna always have." Klaus says looking down.