Chapter Forty-Six

Kenna's POV

It's been about two weeks since everything went down with Klaus and Hayley and life has gone back to normal. A new normal but a better one. Hope and the rest of the kids are practically inseparable. If you didn't know them before you'd think they grew up together. Alaric and I are happy and in love. It's amazing getting to wake up everyday to the man I love and the father of my children.

Davina and Kol are doing amazing in their classes surprising me on how the students love Kol's class so much. They are now deeper into the search of adopting a baby, Kol wants a toddler cause he says he wants to teach them curse words (I think its cause he doesn't want to deal with the diapers) while Davina wants a baby.

Freya and Keelin are doing great at the school too. The wolves have taken a liking to Keelin, probably cause Jace told them too but shes okay with it. Freya is a great addition with her and Davina teaching so much to our young witches. Freya and Keelin are now talking about maybe starting their own family wanting a sperm donor, some friend from New Orleans.

"That color will wash you out, trust me. Mom, what do you think?" I get pulled out of my thoughts by Lizzie who looks over to me smiling.

"Sorry sweetie, I wasn't listening. What are you guys talking about?" I say bringing my attention to the four teens sitting around the coffee table filled with binders and papers. Now, a normal mom would think or hope that it was homework but I know my Lizzie. Those binders are filled with anything but homework.

"We're talking about Hopes birthday coming up! We have to throw her an amazing party and we need a color thats perfect for her when we go shopping this weekend." Lizzie says flipping to a new page filled with different color dresses to show Hope who looks overwhelmed.

"Who's taking you guys this weekend?"

"I asked Alec and Jace to take us." Lizzie smiles putting yet another photo of a dress in front of Hope.

"And by ask she means threatened until they agreed." Emery says as Lizzie glares and the girls chuckle.

"I didn't threaten them, I just told them it would be in their best interest to take us without complaint." She says as I chuckle.

"You do know they'd do it just with us saying please." Josie says as Lizzie nods.

"Yeah, but its more fun when they're scared." She says making us laugh.

"Alright, so what color are we thinking, Hope." I say as she looks to me confused.

"I don't know. They're so many, usually Auntie Bex just picks out my dresses." Hope says as I smile remembering how Rebekah used to love dressing me up.

"Don't worry, Lizzie is a genius with all of this stuff. She gets that from Caroline." I say as Lizzie nods and smiles proudly.

"Your party is going to be amazing." Lizzie says excited as the three girls start talking planning while Hope flips through another binder looking lost.

"I'm going to go find your aunt and uncle." I say wanting to get away from the buzz. They don't even look my way too wrapped up in the planning as Hope looks up to me and smiles as I chuckle at her innocence.

I walk out and head to Kol's classroom hearing the laughter from the students before even getting to the door. I smile watching from the door as Kol keeps teaching as the students hang to his words interested in his lecture.

"Alright, I think thats enough for today, get out wretched children, I wish to speak with my best friend lurking at the door." He says as the students chuckle and start gathering their things.

"Don't forget you all have a paper due next week," He says as the students groan, "just do them, I don't want to grade them but you don't see me complaining." He says making me chuckle.

"You do complain, Mr. Mikaleson." Kaleb says as Kol glares at him slightly.

"Don't make me rethink you being my favorite student now, Kaleb." He says as Kaleb puts his hands up surrendering as the kids chuckle and walk out.

"I guess you're doing good, then." I say smiling at him as he nods with a bright smile.

"I didn't think I'd enjoy teaching this much, I thought they'd annoy me but they're actually good students. You've got a great school here, Kenny." He says as I smile proudly.

"Couldn't have done it without Ric or kids. I'm proud of you, Koala. You're a great teacher and the students love you." I say as he smiles with a bright look in his eyes.

"Thank you for this, Ken. Ever since I've come back to life the only time I've felt good is with Davina, but now I feel so complete being here." He says making me smile as I brought him into a hug.

"I'm glad you're happy here, Kol. I've missed my psycho best friend." I say as he laughs.

"Now, talk to me about what you're thinking about with adopting." I say as he chuckles.

"I could never hide anything from you." He says as I shake my head.

"Not from me, now spill." I say closing the classroom doors as he nods and sits on the desk as I stand in front of him sitting on one the kids desks.

"I want to start a family with Davina, I love her more than anything. I'm just afraid that I won't be a good father. I didn't grow up with the best and I don't want to screw up. My siblings....well, you know, darling, I'm the black sheep, never really a part of the family." He says as I tear up a little remembering how alone Kol always felt before we became friends.

"That isn't you anymore. You are not alone. You have Davina, me, Ric, the kids who love their uncle Kol so much. You will be an amazing father, and if you ever have doubts, we're here for you, Kol, always." I say as he looks up with a small smile.

"I know that. I finally feel like I'm part of the family and so welcomed. I love those kids so much and I do want to start my own family with Davina. I'm ready, I just don't want to mess up." He says as I go over and pull him into a hug.

"You're going to be great! I know it and we'll be here when you need to talk. Now go and talk with your wife about this, don't shut her out." I say as he nods and kisses the crown of my head.

"Thanks Ken." He says as I nod and he walks out of the room leaving me with a content smile on my face.

(A.N- sorry for the long wait everyone, I was on vacation for the holidays and had no wifi, I hope you liked the chapter and I will be updating regularly again.)