Chapter Nine

"They wouldn't hate me right now if you would have told me about them!" Klaus says once all my kids leave the room and it's just the Mikaelsons and Ric and I.

"I will not have this discussion with you, Niklaus, especially with your young daughter near." I say calmly.

He turns and looks to Hayley who nods understanding and takes Hope out of the room followed by Freya and Davina. Kol, Bekah, and Elijah all stay I'm guessing to keep Klaus calm.

Klaus looks to Ric, expecting him to leave, "He stays." I say making him roll his eyes.

"Explain, now." Klaus demands.

"You don't get to make demands here! Especially after everything! And what was I supposed to do, call you and beg you to come back? After you cheated on me?" I say upset.

"That would have been the right thing!" He says.

"What do you know about the right thing? You never even apologized for what you did! Do you remember what you said that night, Niklaus?"

"Why does that matter?"

"Because you never apologized! You said you didn't have to explain yourself to me! I was the woman that stood by you through everything and loved you even on your worst days! You didn't feel at all compelled to apologize for breaking my heart or our promises! I didn't tell you about the twins because you didn't deserve them." I say with tears wanting to come out of my eyes, having to remember that night.

"So you decided that for them?" He says upset.

"Yes, I decided it was best for them to not know you or be near you because all that causes is pain. You left and had Hope and by the time I even thought about telling you, you were having to give up your daughter and I didn't want my kids anywhere near that fight." I say.

"I could have protected them, as I did Hope." He says looking sad.

"They were protected and happy with me, Care and Ric. They had what they needed and have never felt like they needed more. I did what was best." I say as he and his family just stared.

"But what about me? I didn't have a chance to know them or raise them." He says looking hurt.

"That was a decision I had to make, and I believe I made the right one. If they want to know you now, that's their decision they are old enough to know what they want." I say as I see that this gave him a little hope.

"You won't stop them?"

"I can't protect them forever, they can choose for themselves what they want, but I will say that if you ever hurt my children, I don't care that your impossible to kill because I will find a way," I say as he nods understanding.

Later that Day After School

Ric and I are headed to our room that we share here at the school and walk in to see all our kids on the large bed cuddled up sleeping. Jace and Emery hear the door close and are first to wake, waking their siblings with them.

"I'm sorry I yelled like that, mom" Jace says as Emery nods with him.

"Don't apologize for speaking your mind, my loves." I say as Ric and I sit on the bed with them.

"You guys have to agree tho that it was awesome!" Lizzie says.

"Hell yeah it was!" Alec agrees and high fives her. We glare at them both before laughing a little.

"It was quite the show, you have to admit." Josie says, we all looked at her shocked, she's usually always the mediator that tries to calm things. "What?" She asks as everyone just chuckles.

"I do have to tell you something though." I say towards the twins. They nod and look waiting for me to speak.

"He says he wants to get to know you two, and I can't stop you guys if you do, your both old enough to decide for yourselves."

"Mom," Jace starts, "he will never be a father to me, Alaric has taken that role and earns it every day, to me Klaus will always be the one that broke your heart and left you when you needed someone. I'll always be on your side and always protect you and my family."

"Me too, you and our family will always come first, no matter what, and I have never missed out on anything I have my mother, my siblings and a father that loves me, what else could a girl need?" Emery says.

I smile at them and see my other kids smiling at them as well, I'm so proud of all my children. I have 5 amazing kids that make every day worth it. I think but get distracted as I hear someone blowing their nose.

We all turn and see Ric with tears coming down his face and tissues in his hand. "I'm sorry but that was so beautiful, you guys have no idea how much you all mean to me. You make everyday worth living and I am so proud to be the man you see as your father, all five of you are the best damn kids I could have ever asked for." Alaric says making all of us tear up.

"Aww, dad! My makeup!" Lizzie says tearing up.

"Family hug!" Josie says bringing everyone into a hug as we all have tears in our eyes.

"Ok, I know we're all already crying but I just want to say that I never thought I would have a family like this when I was kid, so thank you guys for being the best family, thank you, Mom and Dad, for choosing me to be a part of your family and thank you guys for being the best siblings." Alec says making all of us cry even more as we all hug again.

"Ok, no more crying!" I say laughing a little.

"I love you guys, but I think we all need to get some rest," Ric says. The kids nod and we all just lay down together nobody wanting to leave to their own rooms. So we all spent the night cuddled up together sleeping.