Chapter Thirteen

3rd person POV

"W-what?" Ric says with a big smile on his face.

"You heard him, we want to take your name, dad. We want you to officially adopt us." Emery says with tears in her eyes.

Klaus and his family look shocked, with Klaus tearing up seeing his two children with another man calling him Dad. He knows that they grew up with him as a father figure but seeing that he'll never get that chance makes him sad.

His family looks happy for the twins, that they grew up with a father they love and look up to but are saddened to see their brother upset.

"Are you two serious? Did you know about this?" Ric says to Kenna and the twins.

"Yes, they asked for my blessing and of course I gave it to them, you deserve this Ric." She says smiling at him with tears in her eyes seeing the man she's grown to love with her children.

"Sign the papers already!" Josie and Lizzie say coming into the office. Hope walks in a little behind them going to her mom wondering what was happening.

"You two knew about this too?"

"Of course we did, we're the ones that helped them get the papers." Lizzie says.

"Well, will you make it official? Will you adopt us?" Jace asks with the papers in one hand and a pen in the other.

"Of course! Give me those." Ric says taking the papers and signing them with a smile on his face.

Once he's finished the family cheers and all get together for a hug while they have tears of happiness and bright smiles.

The Mikaelsons feel happy for the family but are saddened, feeling like they've lost Kenna and the twins, especially Klaus but he's stubborn. He thinks if he can win back Kenna, then the twins have to go along.

Hope looks happy for the family, but can't help to think that she has lost the only chance at siblings that she had.

The family separates as Ric goes to his oldest twins and give them both hugs, "I love you two so much."

"We love you too dad." They say.

"We should leave them to celebrate." Elijah says to his family getting them to walk out of the room. Klaus is the last to leave the room, looking at how Kenna is hugging three of her children looking at their kids hugging another man before walking out with determination to get Kenna back.

Mikaelson House

"That was eventful." Hayley says going to sit on the couch with her daughter.

"But quite beautiful." Rebekah says happy for her old friend and her family.

"What are you thinking, Niklaus?" Elijahs asks seeing Klaus sitting down but looking pensive.

"I'm thinking that I need to win back Kenna, then Jace and Emery will have to be a part of our family along with Kenna."

"Klaus can't you see that she's happy. Couldn't you see how she was looking at Alaric, she loves him." Kol says not wanting his best friend to have to deal with his brother.

"She once loved me, if I could just remind her of what we were she'll come back." Klaus says stubbornly.

"Dad, did you not see how happy they were, they are a family, you can't just break them apart." Hope says still sad that she lost her chance at siblings but happy for their family.

"No, love, Kenna has always been a part of this family, she just needs that reminder." He says getting up and leaving to his art room.

The family looks to each other, a little scared of what he's thinking and hoping it doesn't make things bad for them or Kenna.

Back to the Salvatore School

The Forbes-Saltzman family is sitting in the office together, laughing and eating enjoying the happy moment that just took place.

"I can't believe it, you guys are officially Saltzmans." Ric says happily.

Jace and Emery are smiling at him, they've been wanting to give him the papers for a while but there was never a special moment, so they had decided yesterday that no matter what, today would be the day. They wanted him to adopt them.

"Yeah, now only mom needs to become one." Lizzie says smirking at her parents. The kids all nod their heads agreeing with their sister.

Kenna blushes but smiles at Ric who is already smiling at her.

"Now kids, don't get too ahead of yourselves, let's enjoy this moment." Kenna says to her kids that just smile at them.

In reality, Kenna and Alaric really do love each other, but are scared the other might not feel the same, Ric is scared she might still be in love with Klaus and Kenna is afraid he isn't over his fiancé. Their kids see how they're parents look and act with one another but don't know why they won't admit it to each other.

"I've always thought about you as my dad, but not that it's official, it's awesome!" Emery says.

"Yeah, now your stuck with us and our bitchy attitudes." Jace says smirking at Ric.

"I deal with your mothers everyday I can handle yours." Ric says as they all laugh at Kenna's pouty face she does towards him.

"You guys are mean, I birthed you guys your supposed to be nice!" She says as they laugh more.

"Don't worry Bear, we still love you, even with your bitchy attitude." Ric says hugging her as she sticks her tongue out at him.

The family continues on joking with each other and enjoying their time together not knowing about Klaus and what he wants to do to get back the Kenna he loved and their kids.