Chapter Twenty Five

Kenna's POV

Jace, Emery and I are headed to the Mikaelsons, I hate having to make the kids go along with this. They shouldn't have to deal with Klaus' drama. They should be allowed to make up their own minds about him and wanting to get to know him.

"Are you guys sure? I can turn around and drop you guys off at home." I say making sure they're okay.

"Mom, were okay, and we're going to be there to protect you." Jace says as Emery nods.

"If he tries to compel you again I swear I'll make his head explode!" Emery says pissed.

"Not only that head."

"Jace!" I say shocked as they laugh.

"Ok, but if you ever feel slightly uncomfortable you tell me and we'll drop everything and leave." I say as they nod.

"Don't worry mom, he didn't compel us so we can be as mean as we want." Jace says with his signature smirk along with Emery.

"Oh gosh." I say making them chuckle.

Once I've pulled up to the house, I start to get even more nervous, I'm not the best actress and how was I supposed to act in love with him when the feelings are gone.

"Mom, everything's going to be fine, just pretend it's dad." Emery says trying to make me feel better.

"Thanks sweetie."

I have to get over the nerves, I get myself to calm down and get my heartbeat back to normal so that I don't look suspicious. Once we're out of the car and heading to the door I've calmed thinking about the kids and wanting to be strong for them.

"Hello, love." I hear Klaus' voice before we even knock on the door.

"Hi." I say smiling trying to make it seem as real as possible.

"Hello, Jace, Emery, so glad you could make it." He says opening the door wider for us to come in.

"Not like we had a choice in the matter." Jace says rolling his eyes at Klaus. I want to agree with him but kept the fake smile on my face.

"Why don't we just get this night over with, I've got better things to do than be with you." Emery says glaring at Klaus.

"Kids, be nice." I say playing the part.

"Yes, listen to your mother, now why don't you three come in, we've been waiting." He says as he grabs my hand and leads us in.

We walk into the dinning room to see it set up with everyone already at the table waiting. There's Elijah, Hayley, Hope, Freya, Keelin, Marcel, Rebekah, Kol and Davina. Mostly they all look a little surprised probably that we showed up.

"Hi, everyone." I say smiling as they relax a little.

"Hello uncle Kol, aunt D, and the rest of you I don't care about." Jace says as Kol chuckles.

"That's why you're my favorite!" Kol says as Davina chuckles.

"Jace, Emery, these are your aunts and uncles Elijah, Freya, Keelin, Marcel, Rebekah and Hayley and of course your sister." Klaus says, I can feel the anger radiating off Jace.

"I choose my family and who I call my uncle or aunt. And that slut will never be my aunt." He says glaring at Hayley as Emery agrees.

"Ok, baby, lets calm down ok." I say going to him and holding his hand.

"Why don't we sit." Klaus says glaring a little to Jace.

"How's school kids?" Kol says trying to break the tension once we're sitting and have started the meal.