Chapter Six

"They've left, I finished up Hope's paperwork and they wanted to see you but I got them to leave," Alaric says while walking in.

"Thanks, Dad," Alec says.

"You guys should go and get some food and unpack ok? I'll be here, don't worry kids." Alaric says while rubbing Jace's back.

"Yeah, thanks dad, you got her?" Emery says.

"Always sweetie, go on." He says coming over to me.

"Are you ok?" He asks once the kids are out of the room.

"Yeah, I just wasn't expecting to have to see them again or him, is that selfish? That I never wanted to have to see him. To not want him near me or our kids? I mean they are his biological children, does he have to be a part of our lives?" I rant to Alaric with tears running down my face.

"Come here," he says while bringing me into his chest, "you aren't selfish for not wanting to have to re-live your pain, or to have him near the family that you built up and love, and for him being apart of their lives that's up to Jace and Emery, but that won't mean that you have to, ok?" He says to me rubbing my back.

"Thank you, Ric, for always being here for me and the kids."

"Of course, hey I love you guys, you and all the kids are all I've got, I'll always be here." He tells me.

I smile at him, thankful that he always knows what to say and could always calm me no matter what state I'm in.

"Come on, lets lay down, you need to rest." He says.

We lay down and hold each other until we fall asleep. This is pretty normal for us whenever we need each other we always talk all night or just sit together in peace or just hold each other, whatever the other needs.

The Next Day

I woke up feeling arms around my waist, remembering the events of yesterday I just rolled around and hugged Ric and put my head on his chest not wanting to wake up.

"Good morning, Bear." Ric says.

"No, I'm not awake," I say into his chest.

He chuckles, "Well we can lay here for a bit longer but I have a feeling the kids will probably join us."

And just like that the door opens and Jace, Emery, Alec, Lizzie, and Josie rush in and all scramble onto the bed with us.

"Noooo, more sleep, sleep is good," I whine.

The kids and Alaric laugh, "Mom you can't stay in bed all day, you have to conquer the day!" Lizzie says, she been doing pretty good with her episodes after their trip to see Care.

"Thank you, babes, but sleep is also good, yeah let's do that let's all just cuddle and sleep." I say still not looking up from Ric's chest.

"But if you sleep, then you won't get to eat this amazing breakfast we made for you two." Emery says knowing I'll wake up.

I sit up right away and make grabbing hand toward the food, "you had me at food, now givvveeee." I say while everyone laughs at my change in mood.

"I swear she loves food more than us sometimes." Ric says.

"Wow how dare you, I love you guys." I say while shoveling a pancake in my mouth.

"Hmm that's debatable, mom sorry to tell you that." Jace says. They all laugh as I pout but still continue eating.

"I've missed this, we need to have more family time, I feel like we haven't done family nights in a while." Josie says smiling at us.

"Yeah, we could start having family nights again, hows tonight?" Ric says getting some food from the other plate that was meant for him.

"That sounds good, of course, I'll have to check my calendar." Jace says.

"Oh please you literally almost never have plans, we'll be there." Alec says.

We stay in bed for a while more with Ric and I eating and all of us talking and laughing together thinking about the fun night ahead of us.

"Well I don't know about you guys but I have a class I need to go to, so I'll see you guys tonight." Josie says getting up.

"Oh shit! We have our history of magic class!" Emery says.

"Wait...isn't our paper due today?" Jace asks.

I right away look up and see my three oldest kids look a little scared.

"Please tell me this is not the paper I told you all to do." I say.

They look to me with small smiles. Ric just starts to laugh and I glare at him.

"Sorry, but they really are your children." He says still laughing.

"Oh shut it, and now you three, you better ask your teacher for an extension and get that paper done, before tonight!" I say.

"Yes, mom," they say running out of the room.

"I swear, they may be older than me but sometimes they act like they're 5," Lizzie says.

I chuckle and agree with her. "Don't you have a class too, young lady?" Ric says.

"Yeah but wouldn't my wonderful parents want to spend more time with me, I could just stay here with you two." She says.

"Nice try, but sorry sweetie you need to go to class," I say to her. She groans but gets up and gives us both a kiss before heading out.

Alaric and I chuckle, "Damn," he says.

"What?" I ask.

"We did a good job, Ken."

"Hell yeah, we did." I smile at him.

(Authors Note- Hi everyone I hope you're enjoying the story so far, so if y'all haven't noticed I'm thinking about her and Alaric being more than friends, and building it up. I just thought it was better because after having so much pain because of Klaus I don't think they should end up together. Anyway, y'all could leave comments about what y'all think that would be really appreciated, I'll read through them I would love to see what y'all think. Ok thank you bye)