Chapter Twenty Eight

Kenna's POV

Ric and I were at home making dinner together for the kids and ourselves. At the moment I'm trying to make dinner while Ric is trying to distract me.

"Babe, look!" He says laughing as I turn around to see him standing there smiling at me.

"Yes?" I ask already knowing what he's going to say.

"Nothing I just wanted to distract you." He says as I chuckle at his playfulness.

"Come here and help me with the pasta." I say as he comes over and wraps his arms around me taking the spoon from me and mixing it.

"Look, I'm helping." he says kissing my cheek as I blush. He's always able to make me happy and smile no matter what happening. His playfulness was something that always makes me laugh. It was something that he was never able to fully show because of how hectic our lives used to be. When things had calmed down and we were able to be happy with our children, the school and our lives his playfulness showed so much more especially around the kids. It made a lot more sense of his close relationship that he always had with Damon, they were children stuck in adult bodies.

"You're not even mixing it right." I laugh as he pouts.

"MOM, DAD!" I hear the shouting of my favorite drama queen.

"Yes, Lizzie?"

"Where did you go today?" she says with an "innocent" smile on her face.

"Well, Elizabeth we went out." Alaric says going to cut up the lettuce.

"Where to? Did you happen to go out and I don't know go shopping!" She finally blows as the rest of the kids come into the kitchen with Jace and Alec laughing probably waiting for her blow.

"Yes, sweetie, we went shopping but before you get upset with me, I did get you all some things!" I say giving her a smile as she looks curiously to me as Emery and Josie smile excited.

"Wait, did you pick it out or dad?" She asks as I laugh and Ric pouts again.

"Me of course, I would also not like a repeat of the last time he chose an outfit for you girls." I say as the kids laugh.

"I thought they looked cute." Ric says as I go over to him and hug him.

"Dad, we looked like 10 year olds!" Emery says as Josie and Lizzie nod.

"Why are you guys home so late?" I ask changing the topic.

"We stayed late talking to some friends. Even Hope." Alec says going helping Emery get things to set the table.

"That's nice, I'm glad you guys are getting along, I don't want you guys to carry any hate." I say as the kids just nod and I move the pasta into a bowl to set on the table.

Once the table is fully set we all sit down and serve the food, we start with some conversation asking the kids about their days and how they're doing in school.

"How's training going?" I ask Em, Jace and Alec.

Right when Jace is about to answer there is loud and hard knocks on the front door. We all look to each other knowing exactly who it is, Jace and Emery look angry probably not wanting to see him. Josie and Lizzie look a little frightened but I see Alec right away start to comfort the two. I look to Ric and see him looking angry so I take his hand in mine.

"It's alright, let's just ignore him, he can't get in anyway." I say as the children nod and try to go back to their meals.

3rd POV

Klaus is outside the Saltzman residence angry along with his family that decided to come along. Kol and Davina along but both smirking knowing that Kenna is not compelled or really back in love with Klaus. Kol glad to have his bestfriend back and new nieces and nephews that he cares about and loves, even coming to like Ric.

Davina happy for her husband to have his bestfriend and to have a friend of her own that cares for her.

Kol holds Davina's hand as they walk to where Klaus and Elijah are at the front door with everyone closely behind them.

"Allow me." Kol says as Klaus rolls his eyes and moves slightly out of the way.

"See not only are all of you not invited in but the twins have also put a spell on the door that make sure that those that have not been invited in aren't able to open it, so if you'll excuse us." Kol says giving his brother a smirk and opening the door for himself and Davina as they walk in and close the door in Klaus' face.

They can hear the angry shout coming from Klaus to open the door but continue to ignore him instead going towards the family in the dinning room.

"Hey uncle Kol, aunt D, what's up?" Josie says smiling at them.

"Well Klaus heard about your moms little outing and got upset then decided to come here to make her choose and bring her back into the family, oh and of course he wants you to apologize to Hayley for calling her a slut." Kol says going and sitting down next to Alec.

"He's an idiot if he thinks that I'd choose him over my children, he'll probably just try to compel me again and I am not apologizing for calling that bitch out." Kenna says rolling her eyes as her family chuckles.

"Are you sure you don't want to let them in before they do something drastic, he looked pretty angry." Davina says looking worried.

"Don't worry D, just five more minutes of calm then we'll deal with the craziness." Kenna says as everyone finishes their food.

The family along with their favorite aunt and uncle enjoy a few minutes of peace before having to deal with the craziness that is Klaus Mikaelson.

"Kenna! Open this door!" They hear Klaus' voice yelling even louder if that was possible.

Kenna rolls her eyes finally having enough of hearing the banging and shouting and stood up heading towards the door with her family.

She turns towards her family at the door and smiles at them.

"I love you guys and no matter what happens you are my family and you all mean everything to me, always have." She says as her family smiles at her.

"We love you too mom." Alec says as the family huddles into a group hug with Kol and Davina joining. 

(A.N Hey guys, thank you so much for being patient with my updates, I hope you guys are enjoying the book so far. What do you guys think is going to happen next? Thanks for the support!)