Chapter Forty-Two

3rd POV 

Kenna and Alaric were sitting in their bedroom on campus watching a movie waiting for it to be time to bust the party happening to be able to see the kids.

"Why do we have to wait? Let's just bust it than we can finish the movie with them." Ric says as Kenna chuckles. 

"Because I promised Lizzie an extra 40 minutes, it's Hope's first party and they want her to enjoy it." Kenna says as Ric sighs.

"Fine, but I'm not happy." He says as they continue to cuddle and watch the movie. 

The movie finishes and Kenna looks to her phone worried she hasn't gotten any message from the kids, she usually get updates from Alec or Josie about the party, she still likes to make sure they're all safe. 

"They haven't texted all night, that's weird, maybe we should check on them." She says as Ric chuckles.

"Now who's the hovering parent, don't worry there's only 20 minutes left and then we'll go and shut it down, okay?" He says as she relaxes a little.

A few minutes pass with the couple talking together both having to stop each other from going to bust the party early to see their children.  

"Hey, I love you." Kenna smiles towards Ric.

"I love you too, what brings this up?" He smiles at her.

"I just never really felt like this before, sure I've loved others but never like this complete, when I'm in your arms I feel safe and I just love saying it to you." Kenna smiles at her as Ric pulls her in for a kiss. Both coming out of it out of breath. 

"I love you so much and I love that we're finally together and happy, I don't want anything to get in the way of our happiness. Love always left me alone until you." He says making her tear up. 

"Nothing will, I know that we're meant to be and I won't let anything get in our way." She says as they continue to kiss forgetting about the time and the world around them.

The moment is interrupted with a frantic knocking on their door making the two pull apart and look to each other worriedly. They stand and rush to the door opening it to find Alec with an unconscious and bloodied teen in his arms. 

"Alec! Are you alright? What happened?" Kenna rushes as Ric goes to grab the teen.

"Emery, we don't know exactly what happened but she was upset and using her powers on him he needs to be compelled. Jace is with her, he wants you guys to go to her." Alec tries to explain as much as he could.

"But we can't just leave you!" Ric says.

"It's alright dad, the others are on their way to help. He needs to be kept for 24 hours anyway for the vervain to leave his system so we'll just put him in the cellar. Emery needs you two right now." He explains as they nod. 

"WE'RE HERE!" MG yells as the group minus the twins and Hope runs over to the three. 

"Alright, take him to the cellars but be careful and make sure he makes it through the night. Meet us in your room after, Alec and can you guys break up the party?." Kenna says to Alec as he nods and he and the group of friends head to the cellars. 

The two parents rush towards their daughter. Once they get to Alec and Jace's room they open it to see Emery silently crying in Jace's arms as he holds her. 

"My baby, come here." Kenna says softly sitting down on the bed along with Ric. Emery slowly lets go of Jace and lets her mother take her into her arms as she hugs her along with Ric.