Chapter Twenty Two

Kenna's POV

I was setting up the sleepover for the girls and me setting up the snacks on the table and putting up a bunch of pillows and blankets on the couch.

"Hey, wow this looks great," Alaric says coming down the stairs.

"Thanks, the girls texted and turns out Davina has never been to a sleepover so I wanted to make her first the best," I say as he comes and pulls me into his arms.

"You're amazing, you know that?"

"I know, but it's nice to hear," I say as we chuckle.

"You know, we still haven't gone out on that date, hows tomorrow night?" He asks.

"I would love that," I say smiling up at him. He hugs me closer and we're leaning into each other with our foreheads rested on each other.

"Aww, you guys are the cutest!" I hear Lizzie say as Josie is taking a picture of us and Davina just smiles at us.

"Hey! Are you girls ready for the best sleepover ever!" I say.

"Hell Yeah!" Emery says.

"Ok, you guys go change into your pajamas while Dad orders the pizza," I say as the girls rush upstairs to change and Davina walks toward me.

"Thank you for inviting me, It means a lot," She says.

"Of course, the girls and I really wanted you here, they've really taken a liking to you," I say seeing that she didn't have a bag with her.

"I really like them too, they're really fun," she says.

"Do you need to borrow some comfy clothes, I see you don't have a bag," I say.

"Oh no, Kol is bringing me a bag, we had to leave the house pretty quick, Klaus was trying to make a scene, as usual. " She explains.

"Of course he did, I'm glad your here though," I say as the doorbell rings.

"Either that's Kol or the pizza guy got faster," I say as she chuckles and we head to the door.

"Hey Ken, darling, I have a bag for you," He says as Davina goes and grabs it.

"I would invite you in but the house is under Lizzie and Josie," I say as he just smiles.

"That's alright darling, I should probably get going, Klaus will have many questions once I get back."

"Are you sure you want to walk into that?" I ask.

"Hey, Uncle Kol!" The girls say walking towards the door.

He smiles at them as I turn to the girls, "could you invite him in," I say.

"Of course, come on in," Josie says as Kol smiles coming in.

"You know instead of heading back to Klaus and his madness, why don't you go out with the guys, Ric, Matt and a teacher from the school, Dorian, are going out for the night,"

"That sounds like fun, are you sure it would be alright with your boy-toy?" He asks.

"Hey, Ric! Could Kol join you guys tonight?" I say as he walks out of the kitchen.

"Sure, just promise not to kill anyone," He says.

"I'll do my best," Kol says as we just chuckle.

"We should get going," Ric says kissing the girls and heading towards me.

"Be careful, and call me if you need anything," He says coming over to me and giving me a hug and a kiss on the forehead before heading out with Kol.

"I'll go change," Davina says.

"Here, ill show you the bathroom," Josie says leading her up the stairs.

"I heard that Klaus tried to make a scene tonight," I said walking over and sitting in the middle of Lizzie and Emery.

"Yeah, but don't worry, the Saltzman girls put a stop to him, didn't we Em," Lizzie says.

"Hell yeah we did, baby sis," She says as I just chuckle at them.

"You really are my daughters," I say as they give me a hug.

Once Davina and Josie come back down we started the sleepover, we spent the night eating junk food and pizza watching movies and laughing and getting to know Davina. We passed out somewhere between the third or fourth movie after a sugar coma eating so many sweets.

Next Day

I wake to the smell of bacon and right away sit up, slightly disoriented. I see the girls and Davina all still sleeping comfortably so I quietly leave the room and head for the kitchen to see Ric and Kol together surprisingly talking and laughing.

"Did I just walk into an alternate universe?" I say seeing them.

"Good morning, Ken." Kol says and I smile at him.

"Morning, hun, I'm making breakfast for you girls, if you want to wake them." Ric says as he gives me a kiss on my cheek and I just nod with a smile heading back to the living room.

"Girls, wake up, there's food!" I say but get no response.

"Oh well, I tried." I say before using my powers and making wind come and blow their blankets off them.

"Ugh ok were up!" Emery says sitting up.

"Good, sorry about that Davina, but my children are like me we like our sleep."

She chuckles, "that's alright, that was pretty awesome actually you got to tell me more about being an elemental, I've never met one."

"I'd be happy to answer any questions you have, once I have food in my mouth." I say as the girls laugh and we head upstairs to freshen up before eating.

Once we're all in the kitchen finally eating the amazing breakfast Ric made I had to ask, "so how did it go last night, did you enjoy yourself, Kol?"

"I did actually, it was nice to be able to just be with others and just talk and have fun. You don't get a lot of that in the Mikaelson home." He said.

"We enjoyed your company as well, you're officially invited to every guys outing!" Ric says making me smile at how well they're getting along.

"Thank you, and thank you Ken for including us, I know it probably isn't easy." He says.

"Hey, you're my best friend, no matter what has happened in the past with your family you always will be and now you two are officially part of our family as well." I say making them smile.

"Definitely, we love you guys," Emery says with the twins nodding.

We then waited for the boys to come home since they probably would have stayed shifted for a while after the pack, they didn't come home till later. Davina and Kol were really happy with how we accepted them into our family but had to return before Klaus would get angry and come looking for them.